Principal Accountant, Corporate Financial Reporting
About the Job
Corporate Financial Reporting is responsible for the collection, consolidation, analysis and reporting of financial results in accordance with company policies and guidelines. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following\:
- General accounting activities related to strategic alliances, including sales reporting, operating expense tracking, journal entry preparation, account reconciliation and supporting the new revenue recognition standard related to alliances, which are accomplished through collaboration with finance colleagues within the Company and partner companies.
- Consolidated P&L forecasting, analyzing activity and drafting commentary for 10-K and 10-Q SEC reporting.
- Preparation of reports for partner companies and assisting with external quarterly and annual reporting requirements including preparation of financial statements.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to streamline and simplify analytics and reporting.
- Assisting with the consolidation of the Company's standalone European financial statements.
- Supporting internal and external audit requirements.
- Supporting pension and treasury accounting activities.
- Assisting with ad-hoc requests as necessary.
The candidate must possess a B.S. or B.A. degree in Accounting. CPA and strong working knowledge of Excel, Workiva, SAP, Hyperion and BW/BI is preferred. Minimum of 4 to 5 years of relevant finance or accounting public/private experience required. Working knowledge of consolidation concepts and understanding of financial statements in a multinational setting is helpful, but not required. The candidate must also demonstrate the following\:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, be well organized and meet deadlines with a high attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter and team player with ability to work independently
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
This role provides exposure to senior management and cross-functional teams. It improves one’s ability to collaborate with others to effectively identify and communicate key drivers of performance, risks and opportunities and provides a broad perspective of BMS results. It provides an opportunity to develop analytical skills and expand current working knowledge of financial reporting and accounting theory of U.S. GAAP, IFRS and other relevant financial accounting standards, maintain an understanding of rules issued by the U.S. SEC and BMS policies, and develop a greater understanding of monthly/quarterly close processes while expanding knowledge of SAP, Hyperion and BW/BI.