Unit Manager- Print Operations - Team C
About the Job
Position Exempt StatusExempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours40
Scheduled Shift2nd Shift
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Unit Manager position in Austin, TX.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive work ethic who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry. This person will be responsible for overseeing the team on Shift C (6:00 pm – 6:00 am, Sunday – Tuesday, alternating Wednesdays).
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 30 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Benefits Health & Welfare Package including – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer Matching Health Savings Account
- Exclusive discounts on entertainment, health & wellness, travel and MUCH MORE!
A Unit Manager’s daily tasks will involve:
- Follow all Offsite Services facility policies, including health & safety, building securing, data security and harassment free work environment
- Support the Quality Management System, assisting in the development of procedures, work instructions and quality system documents, and actively participating in the improvement system process.
- Manage assigned department in achieving operation goals for quality and productivity, with emphasis on ensuring staff is performing according to operational procedures. Ensure that the right people are made aware of production status and issues.
- Manage staffing levels and allocate staffing resources with emphasis on planning within budget and minimizing overtime.
- Monitor tardiness, absenteeism, accuracy of reported work hours, and staff behaviors. Take appropriate disciplinary action, as necessary, when problems are identified.
- Oversee development of staff. Monitor productivity and performance, and take appropriate remedial actions, including coaching and disciplinary actions as necessary, to facilitate improvement.
- Facilitate cross training with emphasis on ensuring needed depth for each operational function.
- Monitor performance of service and maintenance providers as assigned, and provide feedback regarding their performance to top management.
- Ensure communication down into the organization regarding changes in policies and procedures, effectiveness of the quality management system, and customer satisfaction. Also ensure that such communication is documented when required.
- Report and document any accidents or injuries immediately. Investigate such incidences with emphasis on preventing recurrence. Ensure that unsafe work conditions are immediately remedied.
- Analyze, utilize and react to data collected from productivity reports
- Collaborate with project teams, ensuring quality and scope of services is achieved.
- Collaborate with other Mega Center Facility departments to ensure Client SLAs are met.
- Perform various assigned tasks as required.
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job.
The following is required:
- Must possess excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to the changing, fast growth production environment in meeting customer expectations
- Strong administrative organization skills
- Familiarity with equipment and processes used in a high volume transactional mail facility
- Familiarity with email and Microsoft Windows environment is required.
- Familiarity with Productivity reports
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with transactional mail functions and equipment
- Minimum 5 years’ management experience in a production environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with productivity measurements
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS