ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST II
About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The Syracuse Biologics Manufacturing operation produces clinical, commercial and launch biologics drug substance at its 5000L scale manufacturing facility (mammalian cell process) in Syracuse, NY.
This position offers the opportunity to interface with diverse functional areas (downstream and materials science, manufacturing operations, quality, regulatory affairs, analytical groups, project management and process life cycle management) and to develop a wide knowledge of biologics manufacturing and the science behind the processes as well as the regulations that govern the industry.
- Support commercial biotherapeutic upstream manufacturing processes through design, execution, and transfer of process improvement strategies and process performance troubleshooting.
- Responsible for executing laboratory-scale bioreactor and primary recovery experiments in support of this effort.
- Support cross-functional project teams and also work independently to accomplish project goals within specified timelines.
- Identify and implement customer-focused process improvement, robustness, and cost savings strategies and will have the opportunity to monitor commercial production campaigns and analyze process performance at manufacturing scale.
- BS/MS in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or related disciplines with 3+ years’ relevant professional training and experience.
- Knowledge of bioreactor operation, cell biology, recombinant protein expression, and aseptic technique, as well as demonstrated implementation of such in a professional lab-based setting is required.
- Protein biochemistry and process development expertise is desired. Excellent communication, technical writing, collaboration, and data management skills are required.
- Demonstrated flexibility to work in a dynamic, project-based environment is essential.
- Demonstrated application of formal project management, experimental design, statistical analysis, system qualification, equipment maintenance, and problem solving methodologies are helpful.
- Physical requirements that involves lifting equipment with weights up to 20 kg (44 lbs).