Driver - Mail Services
About the Job
Position Exempt StatusNon-Exempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours35
Scheduled Shift1st Shift
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Driver- Mail Services position in New York, NY. The shift for this position will be 9:00 AM-5:00 PM, working Monday – Friday. The position is located in New York, and the starting pay for this position will be around $13.00 per hour and will vary based on experience. Candidates who successfully complete their first 90 days of employment will also be given an additional $1.00 increase to their hourly rate.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive work ethicwho is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 30 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Benefits Health & Welfare Package including –Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer Matching Health Savings Account
- Exclusive discounts on entertainment, health & wellness, travel and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
Drivers are a crucial piece to the operations of the company’s mailroom. Responsible for processing the mail and parcels continuously throughout the day and delivery and pick-up of mail onsite using a company vehicle.
A Driver’s daily tasks will involve:
- Prepare materials/outgoing mail/packages for mailing including: applying postage, preparing items for shipment or collection, distributing items as needed, ensuring items are properly labeled and documenting data according to management guidelines.
- Ensure that all mail and packages are properly labeled for mailing, with correct postage utilizing automatic postage meter machines.
- Sort and process inbound intercompany mail
- Receive, scan and input inbound accountable boxes and packages including certified, registered, return receipt, Federal Express and UPS for delivery to customers
- Sort, deliver and pick-up mail and packages according to established time frames and service standards utilizing a mail pushcart within building.
- Load, unload van or box truck as required; make deliveries to receiving docks or inside deliveries if necessary.
- Maintain all applicable logs, delivery tickets, documentation, etc.
- Maintain vehicle in good mechanical condition; notify manager if deficiencies are identified.
- Establish excellent working relationships at all delivery and pickup points.
- Load and unload trucks using provided equipment and training.
- Maintain accuracy of required reports for volume tracking, maintain daily logs of measurements and other accountable items.
- Ensure the highest levels of customer care.
- Ensure adherence to business guidelines, safety & security procedures.
- Responsible for all aspects of equipment, make appropriate equipment recommendations.
- Support financial results by minimizing site waste and rework.
- Forklift experience is preferred, will require certification upon 90 days
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with customers and company personnel.
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job.
The following is required:
- Must be minimum of 21 years in age
- Ability to drive a Straight Truck up to 26,000 GVWR
- Must have a minimum of one year experience driving similar sized vehicles
- Must have 6 months customer service experience.
- Must have company related driving experience utilizing a commercial vehicle
- Previous experience in a mailroom operation, shipping, and/or receiving preferred
- Must have valid driver's license and ability to pass MVR
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time with or without accommodations.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 55lbs or maximum allowed by current state law with or without accommodations.
Must have basic computer knowledge
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients and company personnel.
- Ability to effectively work individually or in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to meet employer's attendance policy.
- Ability to adhere to and administer companies policies and procedures.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime, come in early, or stay late
- High school Diploma or Equivalent (GED) required
- You will be required to submit to pre-employment checks as a condition of employment, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. You will have to sign necessary consents to submit to the pre-employment checks.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS