Cardiovascular US Medical Communications Manager
About the Job
About Bristol-Myers Squibb\:
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Analyzes and interprets scientific data to update or develop comprehensive, balanced, credible and accurate documents that comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidance and BMS policies and procedures, and are used to appropriately respond to inquiries from health care professionals.
- Engages and effectively aligns with WW Publication / Content Organization and across a broad range of key internal stakeholders
- To facilitate decision making during publication planning and execution process
- To facilitate early identification of anticipated data disclosures that may be relevant for key external audiences and enabling timely preparation of other data dependent communications
- Responsible for representing US market needs; determines extent of global content available for use in the US, and ensures local customization or de novo content generation needs are met with speed and quality
- Works effectively as a member of the Medical Matrix Team by contributing to development of the Medical Brand Plan, conducting medical surveillance of inquiries, communicating insights and trends and contributing to the identification and resolution of unmet medical needs
- Manages and prioritizes multiple projects, provides solutions to complex problems, and delivers complete and accurate content and information within deadlines
- Interprets and implements BMS standards for medical review and approval of items such as BMS medical reactive resources and other communication materials
- Evaluates and contributes to Medical Information processes by partnering with the US Contact Center (PPD) for responding to unsolicited inquiries to ensure all US customer inquiries are handled with speed, quality and accuracy with adequate customer service
- Ensures US Contact Center agents are adequately trained on new scientific data and messaging
- Appropriately represents BMS at medical conferences and responds to unsolicited inquiries from health care professionals with accurate and balanced information
- Develops and maintains a high level of knowledge in the respective therapeutic area(s) to provide high quality medical communication support
- Adheres to current BMS medical, legal, regulatory, and compliance standards and understands the implications of non-compliance
- Maintains awareness of current industry practices that pertain to Medical Communications such as Medical Information and Publications
- Complies with the reporting of adverse effects and product complaints to BMS Worldwide Safety and Surveillance.
• PharmD, MD, PhD preferred with minimum of 3 years of experience in clinical practice or pharmaceutical industry.
• Relevant residency/fellowship preferred.
- Expertise across all aspects of scientific publication strategy, planning and execution during all phases of drug development and commercialization process (investigational, registration, pre & post-launch and marketed), preferred
- Certification as a Medical Publication Professional (CMPP), highly desirable
- Understanding of good publication practices and guidance (GPP3, ICMJE), Sunshine Act, Pharma Code of Conduct, and other guidance related to post-marketing practices and scientific data communication
• Experience responding to unsolicited inquiries from health care professionals by collecting, analyzing, interpreting and providing specific clinical/scientific data that is requestor-focused.
• Exposure to the pharmaceutical and health care industry.
• Understands the needs of health care professionals and demonstrates an understanding of pharmaceutical industry regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to manage various projects, solve problems, deliver on commitments, and work with multidisciplinary teams.
• Knowledge and experience in cardiovascular disease states and treatment options.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications and familiarity with publication management tools & systems (Datavision)
• Strong scientific/medical written and verbal communication skills required.
Job Function \: Med Info/Com
Primary Location \: NA-US-NJ-Lawrence Township
Organization \: R&D - Medical - Medical Capabilities & Strategic Operations