Associate Director, Technical Product Team Lead
About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The Syracuse Biologics Manufacturing operation produces clinical, commercial and launch biologics drug substance at its 5000L scale manufacturing facility (mammalian cell process) in Syracuse, NY.
The Integrated Technical Strategy team in Biologics Manufacturing, Science and Technology (MS&T), is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the technical teams focused on the development, manufacturing and process lifecycle management of the BMS biologics pipeline.
The Technical Product Team (TPT) Leader is accountable for leading an interdisciplinary technical team of scientists and engineers to develop, manage, and execute a complete CMC strategy for BMS biologics commercial products. The TPT Leader will manage one or more biological commercial products depending upon their degree of technical complexity and workload demands. The TPT Leader is a key member of the Global Operations (GO) Team and is responsible to develop and deliver on the CMC strategy while ensuring that the strategy aligns with the overall brand and GPS functional strategies. The TPT success will be measured by maintaining supply continuity, meeting customer service targets, successfully achieving regulatory approval of the technical agenda elements, and achieving process robustment milestones. The TPT Leader will also work closely with various internal governance committees to agree upon project prioritization and resulting timelines to assure that the technical teams are resourced to meet their objectives.
Additional responsibilities include\:
- Working with the functional leads in MS&T, Drug Product MT and AD&T to create a technical product roadmap, which details out the major projects/process improvements required to support the product’s lifecycle plan.
- Developing full project schedules, budgets, and resourcing for the activities listed on the technical product roadmap.
- Actively participating in the Expanded Change Review Board (ECRB) to ensure product quality, compliance and supply requirements are met.
- Developing continuous improvement initiatives to help improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness for the management of our commercial product pipeline and deliver on process robustness priorities.
- Managing and tracking the completion of all health authority commitments.
- The technical team will provide a dedicated forum for issue resolution and active management of the product risk register, including developing the appropriate business continuity plans.
Together, we make a difference. Bristol-Myers Squibb is one of the world’s BioPharma leaders, committed to delivering innovative medicines as well as nurturing a culture that’s a springboard for progress. Our success depends on building teams of bold, innovative and passionate employees who will help continue to drive us further forward. No matter the role, we are united by our mission and determined to win this fight. And that makes all the difference. If you want to join us, apply now at www.bms.com/careers.