Translational Sciences Laboratory Lead
About the Job
Sciences Laboratories are comprised of Clinical Genomics and Genetics, Clinical
Immunohistochemistry, Clinical Flow Cytometry, Immune-cell biology. These
laboratories are collectively responsible for supporting a book of work
comprised of several hundred individual projects in the Oncology,
Immuno-Oncology and Immunoscience portfolios. The laboratories hold
approximately 40 biomedical scientists and house state of the art research
equipment for each technology area.
We are seeking an accomplished
scientific and organizational leader to assume responsibility for a
comprehensive and harmonized approach the internal laboratory management
activities. This includes, but is not limited to\:
- Ensuring uniform compliance to BMS policies and procedures that are applicable to the laboratory environment, including electronic laboratory notebooks, good clinical laboratory practices and environment health and safety.
- Reporting directly to the head of Translational Pathology and Biomarker Technologies, the TS Laboratory manager will facilitate and ensure the effectiveness of multiple functional areas that impact the laboratory operations including Strategy and Operations, Translational Medicine Enable Solutions, EHS, Finance, Global Procurement and Clinical Operations.
- While the role does not have direct reports at this time, the TS laboratory manager will lead matrix teams comprised of representatives from each functional area as well as individuals from each of the biomarker laboratories.
- He/she will be the main point of contact for these groups and help set goals and drive accountability for operational projects impacting the laboratories.
- He/she will also facilitate process improvement activities to help the laboratories achieve efficiency in clinical data generation and delivery.
responsibilities of the TS laboratory manager include working closely with the
following teams to facilitate the accountability and deliver of the following\:
- Global Procurement\:
- develop and apply metrics of
- developing a harmonized
outsourcing strategy across laboratories
- Strategy and Operations
- Develop unified equipment
- Harmonized service strategy
- EHS and Quality
- Ensure compliance to ELN, GCLP
and Quality policies and procedures
- Establish yearly budget
projects for operating expenses and capital equipment
- Facilitate the procurement of
onsite lab contractors
- Harmonize lab ordering and
stocking of common laboratory supplies
- Clinical Operations
- Coordinate and communicate
technical risks and issues related to the technical oversight of contract
- Bachelors degree in
Biomedical Sciences. Immunology or Oncology a plus.
- 8 years experience working in
- At least 5 years of experience
in an industrial setting. Within diagnostics or translational biomarker
setting a plus.
- Must have strong back ground in
laboratory management, preferably with clinical laboratory experience in a
hospital or contract laboratory setting.
- Must have track record of
demonstrating outstanding organizational and communication skills and
being able to influence the achievement of goals in the absence of direct
line management accountability.
- Must have a deep familiarity
with managing clinical biomarker laboratories, have had direct reports and
have had a history of success working in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in
managing technology based research projects
- Familiarity with the techniques
common to translational research including flow cytometry, genomics,
proteomics and importantly, data analysis.
- Familiarity with project
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experienced manager of people
- Ability to interact with
multiple functional areas and drive accountability of matrix teams
- Understanding of good clinical
- Familiarity with CAP/CLIA
regulations a plus