Materials Management Associate
Bristol-Myers Squibb Devens, MA
About the Job
At Bristol-Myers Squibb, we believe that together we can make the difference. We want to do this by building professional teams who can create and innovate medicines that benefit doctors and their patients.
Our large-scale biologics manufacturing facility in Devens, Massachusetts, is expanding and there are a number of exciting career opportunities to join Bristol-Myers Squibb, one of the world’s leading BioPharma companies.
We’ve created one of the world’s premier biologics facilities, among the first sites in the industry to have a fully automated, integrated manufacturing control system that enables the plant to run virtually paperless. It is a site that combines biologics development with clinical and commercial manufacturing on a single campus – a true biologics center of excellence for the company where teams are encouraged to closely collaborate. This expansion was designed to support the launch of new medicines by more closely aligning biologics development and manufacturing capabilities. All this goes towards helping create and innovate life-saving medicines that fight serious illnesses.
The Materials Management Associate will perform materials management activities across the site, including warehouse, inventory management, transporting material, shipping/receiving, cycle counting, and sample collection.
- Performs material handling activities, including material receipt, storage and transfers, to GMP manufacturing facility and finished product from production to interim storage (cold and frozen storage).
- Performs raw material inspection and sampling.
- Works on routine assignments per written procedures with little or no instruction.
- Adheres to good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Completes GMP forms and/or batch records as required for material receiving, shipping activities.
- Reviews work throughout the process and at completion, in order to ensure that it has been performed properly.
- Plans/organizes work to ensure that activities are performed effectively, and to respond to fluctuating workloads.
- Ability learn to drive forklift and drive company box truck onsite. (No CDL required).
- Wears the Proper PPE to handle hazardous materials throughout the site.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to gown and de-gown per SOP for working in clean rooms.
- Weekend rotation as required.
- Minimum of High school Diploma / GED required.
- Preferred one year of experience working in a GMP warehouse.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods in a GMP environment.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Successful experience in managing one’s own time.
- Ability to learn relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective operations for the protection of people, data, and property.
- Ability to learn standard computer based business systems such as SAP, Compliance Suite, and Plateau.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Must have knowledge of the proper use and application of personal protection equipment (PPE).
Together, we make a difference. Bristol-Myers Squibb is one of the world’s BioPharma leaders, committed to delivering innovative medicines as well as nurturing a culture that’s a springboard for progress. Our success depends on building teams of bold, innovative and passionate employees who will help continue to drive us further forward. No matter the role, we are united by our mission and determined to win this fight. And that makes all the difference. If you want to join us, apply now at www.bms.com/careers.