Associate Director, Process Engineering
About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company
whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that
help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers
Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives
of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and
ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference,
from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers
Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work
environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and
programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals,
both at work and in their personal lives.
The Syracuse Biologics Manufacturing operation produces clinical, commercial and launch biologics drug substance at its 5000L scale manufacturing facility (mammalian cell process) in Syracuse, NY.
Reporting to the Site Director of MS&T, the AD PE will drive identification and implementation of process productivity improvement opportunities and will support new technology introductions to the Syracuse site. This role will be responsible for finding new ways to increase production output & efficiency and will be a key enabler of new process and technology introduction into the site.
- Identification, design, and proposal of process optimization projects to deliver increased throughput, facility flexibility, process robustness, yield improvement, and improved process capability
- Facility Fit studies for new process introductions including\: equipment sizing and allocation, mass balances, facility dynamic capacity analysis, and schedule analysis
- Assessing new technology implementation into commercial manufacturing
- Driving network harmonization of equipment and automation capabilities for increased supply chain agility & flexibility
- Liaising with site leadership to approve projects and, with site functions (e.g. Manufacturing Technology, Operations, Facilities and Engineering, etc), to implement and deliver project benefits
- Interface with network SMEs in MS&T, Biologics Development, and site based colleagues, for process requirements, harmonization of process technology platforms, and technology implementation planning
- Maintain Technology Map for the Site
- Line management of SMEs as necessary
- The successful candidate must possess a degree in the biotechnology, biochemical, chemical or related disciplines, along with experience in commercial biologics manufacturing PhD (>8yrs), MSc. (>10yrs), BSc. (>15yrs), documented by a solid history of technical accomplishments.
- A strong practical knowledge of the technologies related to cell culture, protein purification, and process engineering is essential, including deep knowledge of equipment, process science, and automation.
- Experience in design and technology transfer of processes for commercial biologic manufacturing is required.
- Strong understanding of biologics manufacturing processes, including equipment, process science, and automation, is required.
- Possess knowledge of process data sources, statistical process control, and engineering analysis tools.
- Proven ability to work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors is essential.
- Occasional business travel may be required (up to 15%).