IT Business Analyst, Translational Medicine
Bristol-Myers Squibb Princeton, NJ
About the Job
About Bristol-Myers Squibb\:
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
This position is responsible for planning and defining information technology solutions supporting the integration of diverse data sets within translational research. The position will support a group of scientists combining clinical data sets, real world evidence, and academic data repositories to address broad scientific questions within oncology.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders within the Translational Medicine Integrative Sciences group, and maintain a current, comprehensive understanding of their business objectives.
- Build proposals for technology capabilities supporting this group that meet near-term and long-term needs, and define detailed requirements for those capabilities.
- Collaborate with technical resources in the IT organization to implement and maintain technology systems. Provide project management leadership where necessary.
- Own the ultimate delivery of value to the scientific user base.
- A MS or PhD in Science, Engineering, Information Management or a related field is highly desirable.
- At least 6 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries is required.
- Broad knowledge of molecular biomarker platforms is required. This should include but is not limited to\: genomics and genetic assays, protein-based assays, immunoassays, and imaging-based assays.
- Extensive experience with capturing and analyzing business requirements in the life sciences domain is required. Must have demonstrated experience interacting with scientists directly and building relationships across matrixed organizations.
- Experience in curating and aggregating translational data sets is required. Experience using data visualization tools for fit-for-purpose reporting (Spotfire, R, etc.) is highly desirable.
- An understanding of fundamental cancer and/or immunoscience biology is highly desirable.
- An understanding of patient data models and standards (CDISC, OMOP, etc.) is highly desirable.
- A broad technical background is highly desirable, particularly hands-on Unix and Oracle experience.
- Formal project management training and experience is highly desirable, including estimating and cost/benefit analysis.