Head of Early Asset Development Project Management
Bristol-Myers Squibb Lawrence Township, NJ
About the Job
- Integrated Oncology Project Management is focused on driving new drug development through providing effective and efficient project management of drug R&D teams.
- The Head of Early Asset Development Project Management will lead a group of experienced Project Managers accountable for the Early Oncology Portfolio.
- The Head of Early Asset Development Project Management is accountable for driving the execution of the early oncology strategy.
- This role will be a member of the Integrated Oncology Strategy & Operations Leadership Team.
ESSENTIAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
Strategy and Execution
- Oversees and adheres to the Product Development and Commercialization (PD&C) processes for the early oncology portfolio and achievement of key milestones. Ensures appropriate decisions are made in a timely manner and agreed with the appropriate levels to drive PD&C milestones
- Possesses strong skills in anticipating portfolio risks and identifying issues with the ability to troubleshoot and create solutions, balancing portfolio and asset needs.
- Has experience translating strategy to actionable projects.
- Partners with the Head of Early Oncology Development and Head of Early Oncology Clinical to align early portfolio strategy and execution.
Leadership and Matrix Management
- Manages performance across the Integrated Oncology Project Management group, in collaboration with the Head of Full Development Project Management.
- Has experience leading project management and partnering strongly with development team leaders.
- Ensures clear goals and performance standards are in place, provides feedback and coaching, and holds project managers accountable for key deliverables
- Builds and manages relationships with key cross-matrix stakeholders. Demonstrates influence across R&D functional leadership
Stakeholder Engagement and Communication
- Drives the successful delivery of project objectives across the early oncology portfolio by ensuring effective stakeholder management, alignment and business engagement, and provide guidance to staff and business leaders to improve project execution and remove barriers to successful execution.
- Responsible for communication of portfolio risks, issues, key milestone progress, and timelines for the early oncology portfolio.
DESIRED BACKGROUND, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- MS, MBA, PhD, PharmD or other advanced degree in a physical or natural science. Oncology experience is preferable.
- A minimum of 10 years in the pharmaceutical industry in areas such as biology, clinical development, pharmaceutical development, or chemistry.
- Drug development project management experience is required with extensive working knowledge in the drug development process.
- Experience in managing/leading high performing teams in an ambiguous environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Excellent cross functional communications skills and a decisive yet collaborative leadership style to drive results while managing relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully and effectively collaborate, cooperate and work across boundaries.
- Proven agility in prioritizing and navigating competing demands.
- Strong influencing/persuasive skills with a demonstrated ability to influence different styles and individuals at different levels in organization.
- Strong leadership and engagement skills.