Director, Business Development Portfolio Management
Bristol-Myers Squibb Princeton, NJ
About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is currently recruiting for a Director, Business Development Portfolio Management located in Princeton, NJ.
- The Director, BD Portfolio Management is focused on driving business development opportunities through the BD process by providing effective and efficient project management of pipeline assets and the portfolio governance that oversees them.
- This position seeks a matrix leader who will manage integrated planning and coordination of Business Development (BD) opportunities through functional, cross-divisional, corporate and board-level review and approval for successful BD transactions.
- The Director will be a key partner of the Business development leadership team, taking guidance on priorities and contributing to successful execution of internal BD business processes. They will serve as the BD portfolio expert, helping to organize and align across all opportunities to ensure proactive and appropriate management throughout the process.
- The Director, BD Portfolio will plan, manage and facilitate key governance meetings across the BD like the Executive Deal review committee, the Deal Review Committee, internal BD ELT Project reviews, BD forums and more.
- This role will work across Business development on how to best optimize portfolio and project reporting based on the BDepot system and data to enable senior level data driven decision making.
- The role will utilize a variety of project and portfolio management tools to inform and sustain high-performing cross-functional performance, including timeline management, issue-risk management, and stakeholder management. The director will need to work across groups to ensure BD is leveraging best practices aligned with key customer groups like EGM, PPM, etc
- Clear and regular communication across a matrix of collaborators will be key success factor. Strong collaboration across functional areas and team will be required for success.
- Responsibilities include creating and maintaining integrated cross-functional project timelines, preparing internal team documents, authoring portfolio summaries and monthly reports.
A MS, MBA, PhD, PharmD or other advanced degree in a physical or natural science with 10 or more years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry. This position requires familiarity with drug development and commercialization, and excellent oral and written skills. 5 years of biopharma-industry project management or operations experience is preferred. Demonstrated ability to build relationships, influence, negotiate, and drive organizational engagement with executive-level stakeholders. Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to the changing needs of the organization. This position requires excellent oral and written skills. PMP certification is desirable.