Facilities Assistant - Part Time
About the Job
Position Exempt StatusNon-Exempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours25
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Facilities Assistant in Glen Allen, VA. The shift for this position will be 12:00 PM-5:00 PM, working Monday – Friday. The position is located in Glen Allen, VA and the starting pay for this position will be around $20.00 per hour and will vary based on experience. Candidates who successfully complete their first 90 days of employment will also be given an additional $1.00 increase to their hourly rate.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 20 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Exclusive discounts entertainment, health & wellness, travel, and MUCH MORE!
A Facilities Assistant’s daily tasks will involve:
- Follow all facility policies, including health & safety, building securing, data security and harassment free work environment
- Manage small projects under general supervision.
- Perform Facility Maintenance tasks, including but not limited to changing light bulbs, install and uninstall furniture, office moves and furniture moves.
- Coordinate office space moves/adds/changes.
- Coordinate with building landlord as needed and submit work order required for the buildings.
- Point person of coordinating schedules with vendors, security and company's internal resources.
- Ability to cross train to other departments/duties, as back up to labor needs, including but not limited to mail and print operations.
- Visual check of physical building to identify safety hazards/maintenance issues and report to management in a timely manner.
- Perform various assigned tasks as required
- Ability to work with sub-contractors to oversee construction projects within the building.
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job. Other aspects of your background will include:
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt to the changing, fast growth environment in meeting customer expectations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to use power tool.
- Ability to use hand tools
- Ability to stand, sit and/or walk for long periods of time with or without accommodation.
- ·Lifting up to a maximum of 50 lbs. or the maximum allowed by current State law with or without accommodation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and 3+ years’ experience in facility maintenance is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS