Bristol-Myers Squibb Tampa, FL
About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a diversified specialty biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
The Bristol-Myers Squibb North America Capability Center is a state-of-the-art facility in Tampa, Florida, providing strategic capabilities for delivering end-to-end process excellence and innovation. The center provides high knowledge-based capabilities and services across multiple disciplines and is part of our ongoing efforts in continuous process improvement. At the North America Capability Center we continue to explore ways to simplify processes and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our operations.
The Sourcing Analyst supports the Category Manager, Senior Sourcing Associate, or Sourcing Associate in fundamental strategic sourcing activities. The incumbent understands and supports the sourcing, negotiating, contracting, market and industry research processes, spend analytics and strategic approach to Procurement.
The role supports and generates analytics for the overall function and supports performance management and KPI tracking across the group. Strong analytical skills are critical in order to support key analysis of information such as Total Cost of Ownership, make vs. buy, substitution/SKU rationalization analysis, and opportunity assessment.
- Provide support for the development of Category Plans, including building analyses of industry and suppliers.
- Support (lead, in case of low complexity sourcing projects) preparation and solicitation of competitive bids, quotations and proposals with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions.
- Support (lead, in case of low complexity sourcing projects) evaluation and analysis of competitive offerings and recommend overall best offer for a product or service.
- Assist in the preparation of Confidentiality Discosure Agreements (‘CDAs’) using templates developed by Legal.
Performance Tracking and Reporting\:
- Manage the reporting process for mandatory Key Performance Indicators (‘KPIs’) for the Function/Categories where assigned.
- Generate prioritized analytics on supplier spend, and category spend. Analyze catalog and other pricing for high-risk/high-volume items (to ensure compliance with contracts).
- Track the building and timely reporting of compliance reports; ensure “Actuals” are properly approved and reported on a monthly basis, identify variances.
- Update and distribute all Project Status Reports for the team.
- Update and distribute Category Management Summary reports on a bi-weekly basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Science or Engineering desirable) or equivalent experience.
- Some work experience, including Procurement experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Proven ability to participate and work in team environment, working in and communicating on multiple projects and tasks effectively.
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have\:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Understanding of Contract preparation and execution process.
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment.
- US military experience will be considered towards industry and professional experience requirements.