Bristol-Myers Squibb Tampa, FL
About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a diversified specialty biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
The Bristol-Myers Squibb North America Capability Center is a state-of-the-art facility in Tampa, Florida, providing strategic capabilities for delivering end-to-end process excellence and innovation. The center provides high knowledge-based capabilities and services across multiple disciplines and is part of our ongoing efforts in continuous process improvement. At the North America Capability Center we continue to explore ways to simplify processes and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our operations.
The Sourcing Associate is responsible for advanced analytics to support category strategy development (eg. demand-side and supply-side strategies), and leads sourcing projects and contracts of moderate/lower complexity. The incumbent supports management of Supplier Relationship Management processes and procedures, supporting supplier and category segmentation process and, for key categories, monitoring the relevant metrics and KPI scorecards. The Associate employs strong analytical skills to support analysis of Total Cost of Ownership, buying decision data, SKU rationalization, and opportunity assessment. The role supports or leads continuous improvement projects and ideation efforts that enable the Head of Sourcing and Sourcing Managers to achieve strategic objectives.
- Support Category Teams in developing and executing Supply and Category plans; this includes spend analytics, specifications and equipment usage analytics, synthesis of market intelligence, RFX (request for information, proposal, quotation) development and analysis, negotiations support and/or execution, maintenance and tracking of key Agreement files and support of supplier relationship management processes.
- Lead or assist with low-mid level complexity events by preparing and soliciting competitive bids, quotations and proposals; analyze and evaluate competitive offerings and recommend overall best offer for a product or service.
- Review and assess business specifications and statements of work; assist in preparing and issuing low-mid complexity contracts and purchase orders for legal review and approval, and review purchasing requisitions in accordance with business requirements and budgets.
- Apply analytics to ensure compliance by preferred suppliers and with contract terms; employ analytical tools to support management of preferred suppliers.
- Support Business Continuity Management and Risk Management activities; execute/produce scorecards and track supplier performance.
- Support key supplier events (eg, innovation, demonstration events) working with category leaders and user departments.
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers and user departments, occasionally support BP&S in resolving escalated quality problems.
- Drive or support sub-processes in managing preferred suppliers using the BMS Supplier Management methodology and compliance requirements.
- Support management of internal and external relationships with suppliers, cross-functional and multi-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Science or Engineering desirable).
- Minimum of 3 years work experience.
- At least 2 years relevant industry experience; preferred category experience includes Clinical Research Services, Biologics Manufacturing, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (‘API’), Information Technology (‘IT’) or other science-based industries.
- Project management and communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite, including Word, Power Point and Excel.
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have\:
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Strong analytical skills and experience.
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment.
- US military experience will be considered towards industry and professional experience requirements.