Senior Sourcing Associate
Bristol-Myers Squibb Tampa, FL
About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a diversified specialty biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
The Bristol-Myers Squibb North America Capability Center is a state-of-the-art facility in Tampa, Florida, providing strategic capabilities for delivering end-to-end process excellence and innovation. The center provides high knowledge-based capabilities and services across multiple disciplines and is part of our ongoing efforts in continuous process improvement. At the North America Capability Center we continue to explore ways to simplify processes and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our operations.
The Senior Sourcing Associate leads sourcing and contracting processes for large / complex categories, and is responsible for key deliverables within category strategy development for larger categories with complex scope. The incumbent also leads select Supplier Relationship Management processes in alignment with BP&S.
The role requires strong analytical skills and deep understanding of Total Cost of Ownership for assigned categories in order to generate strategic industry insights and identify category opportunities and competitive advantage for Bristol-Myers Squibb.
This role requires strong ability to lead cross-functional teams remotely, working with business partners and suppliers, and managing multiple, shifting priorities on a daily basis with minimal guidance.
- Understand the product lifecycle process, its impact on the organization (short and long term) and apply knowledge of the global value chain to provide strategic industry insights and identify potential opportunities that may shorten/improve product lifecycle or offer integration opportunities across categories that ultimately lead to a BMS competitive advantage.
- Lead moderately/highly-complex competitive sourcing events and supplier negotiations (depending on category complexity); determine appropriate methods of procurement; solicit bids, quotations and proposals, and evaluate competitive offerings and recommend overall best offer for a product or service.
- Review and critically assess business specifications and statements of work; negotiate and develop contracts for legal review and approval.
- Occasionally provide BMS support and oversight to suppliers of Procurement BPO services.
- For escalated issues with respect to quality, performance or supply, support Business Partnering & Strategy with the analytics required to solve root cause issues; collaborate with site / local procurement on solutions. Occasionally own/drive mitigation projects on a prioritized basis.
- Research and assist in resolving issues raised in Purchasing audit reports.
- Apply analytics to ensure compliance by preferred suppliers and with contract terms; provide analytical tools to support management of preferred suppliers.
- Occasionally support the review of supplier innovations and demonstrations in partnership with the Business Partnering and Strategy group for prioritized Tier 1 suppliers .
- Support Business Partnering & Strategy in communicating purchasing policies and procedures to users when needed.
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers and user departments, help BP&S resolve escalated quality problems, and help identify measurements for improvement and target-setting coordinate review and respond to supplier inquiries.
- Lead and participate in organizational development efforts in Sourcing Excellence, such as process improvement, capabilities and junior staff development; manage the group’s CoOp program\: select, onboard, manage and develop CoOp employees.
- Lead Sourcing Excellence Imperatives initiatives on improvements to capabilities, process, technologies, communications and organization culture.
- Support Business Partnering & Strategy in managing preferred suppliers using the BMS Supplier Management methodology and compliance requirements.
- Manage selected internal and external relationships with suppliers, cross-functional and/or multi-functional teams.
- Conduct Business Continuity Management and Risk Management activities; develop and implement scorecards and track supplier performance.
- Support Change Management activity around systems including Vendor Change Notification and Approved Supplier List (for direct material / GPS roles).
- Bachelor’s Degree (Science or Engineering desirable).
- Minimum of 5 years work experience and at least 3 years Procurement experience.
- At least 3 years relevant industry experience; preferred category experience includes Clinical Research Services, Biologics Manufacturing, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (‘API’), Information Technology (‘IT’) or other science-based industries.
- Proficiency in managing contract development and compliance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Power Point and Excel.
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have\:
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g. Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified in Production and Inventory Management(CPIM)).
- Knowledge and proficiency with SAP, Ariba and other management and financial information systems.
- US military experience will be considered towards industry and professional experience requirements.