Engineer/Scientist I, Cryogenics
Bristol-Myers Squibb Devens, MA
About the Job
At Bristol-Myers Squibb, we believe that together we can make the difference. We want to do this by building professional teams who can create and innovate medicines that benefit doctors and their patients.
Our large-scale biologics manufacturing facility in Devens, Massachusetts, is expanding and there are a number of exciting career opportunities to join Bristol-Myers Squibb, one of the world’s leading BioPharma companies.
We’ve created one of the world’s premier biologics facilities, among the first sites in the industry to have a fully automated, integrated manufacturing control system that enables the plant to run virtually paperless. It is a site that combines biologics development with clinical and commercial manufacturing on a single campus – a true biologics center of excellence for the company where teams are encouraged to closely collaborate. This expansion was designed to support the launch of new medicines by more closely aligning biologics development and manufacturing capabilities. All this goes towards helping create and innovate life-saving medicines that fight serious illnesses.
The role of the engineer/scientist is to perform activities and conduct studies for the purposes of commercial support for cryogenics processes and transportation in the Global Manufacturing Sciences and Technology organization. The candidate will support bulk fill, freezing, storage and cold chain shipping operations for biologics drug substance.
- The operation, cleaning and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- The preparation of buffers and reagents.
- Documentation of experimental data and results, data verification, and the preparation of study protocols and final reports.
-Appropriate GLP/GMP procedures must be followed.
- The successful candidate will work effectively in cross-functional project teams and also work independently to accomplish project goals.
- The position offers the opportunity to interface with Process Development, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Analytical, Supply Chain and Global Regulatory Sciences groups.
- Strong communication, technical writing and leadership skills are required.
- This position is located at the Devens, MA facility and will serve as the subject matter expert in Cryogenics and Transportation for site operations.Qualification:
-BS in related discipline with a minimum 6-8 years BMS/ relevant experience
-MS in related discipline with minimum of 4-6 years BMS/ relevant experience
-Ph.D. entry level in related discipline with 0-2 years of relevant experience
-Advanced degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of protein formulation and stability is required.
- Knowledge of the effects of freezing and thawing on protein stability is desired.
- Knowledge of common protein analytical tools and demonstrated experimental skills for lab work is required.
- Knowledge of shipping qualification, transportation, and packaging design is desired. Demonstration of expertise in heat transfer is required.
- Candidates must possess good organizational skills and strong attention to details, excellent experimental/troubleshooting aptitude, and be self-motivated.
- Experience with cGMP regulations, regulatory requirements, and CMC authoring for biologics processes are a plus.
- The candidate should also possess good verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
Together, we make a difference. Bristol-Myers Squibb is one of the world’s BioPharma leaders, committed to delivering innovative medicines as well as nurturing a culture that’s a springboard for progress. Our success depends on building teams of bold, innovative and passionate employees who will help continue to drive us further forward. No matter the role, we are united by our mission and determined to win this fight. And that makes all the difference. If you want to join us, apply now at www.bms.com/careers.