Sr Logistics Engineer
About the Job
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
Provide Industrial Engineering support to all Ingram Micro distribution centers.
- This support would include evaluation, analysis, recommendations and implementation pertaining to all distribution center processes and material handling changes for configuration, kitting, assembly, reverse logistics, and fulfillment operations.
- The job would include labor standards/cost impact of various process implementations/changes, labor models to support same, and capacity constraint identification.
- This position is responsible for supporting and maintaining all Ingram Micro distribution center labor standards, material handling standards, and reporting on same.
- Recommendations of various supply chain configuration changes in terms of labor, fixed costs, and transportation expenses should be made when warranted based on business environment changes.
- This position would require hands-on cross functional interface at all levels within the corporate offices and in various distribution centers.
- Four year bachelor's degree in engineering required.
Advanced degree in engineering preferred.
Certifications in MOST engineering standards strongly preferred.
- Green belt or black belt certification in six sigma methodologies strongly encouraged.
- Experience in engineering professional societies preferred.
- Five to seven years of engineering experience in manufacturing, logistics, and distribution field with at least three years in relevant field.
- Experience in fast paced, high volume environments including multi-site operating experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of engineering processes including engineering change control, engineering labor standards and methodologies, six sigma and best practices.
- Skills in the use of Autocad, Arena, Promodel, Flexsim or other simulation.
- Ability to interface and work with cross-functional and matrix teams to achieve company objectives. Requires the ability to travel up to 50% of the time, work weekends, and extended hours when projects and the job demand.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.