About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
We are seeking a leader with significant experience in biochemistry and molecular and cell biology. The candidate will be expected to lead the protein antigen group and scientifically champion efforts to generate cell-lines, assays and protein/peptide antigens.
• Support biology and antibody generation groups in antigen design and generation and reagents for cell-based functional assays.
• Provide technical leadership in cell-line generation, protein/peptide design, expression, and purification.
• Apply technical expertise in molecular and cell biology to design and generate transient and stable cell-lines; expertise in biochemistry to design and generate reagents for cell-based functional assays; working knowledge of protein chemistry to assist in design and generation of protein/peptide antigens.
• Identify and implement methodologies to enhance cell-line, antigen, and assay functionalities.
• Accomplish goals under project team time lines.
• Ph.D. and postdoctoral work in Biochemistry, Molecular & Cell Biology or similar field. 6+ years of industry or academic
• Experience in leading a small team to generate cell-lines for immunizations and functional assays.
• Experience in generation of protein antigens is highly desired but not required.
• Evaluate business requirements and provide recommendations for the adoption of innovative technologies to meet broader organizational needs.
• Demonstrated ability to work and lead in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team.
• Excellent written, oral, management and organizational skills