Sr. IS Solutions Architect
About the Job
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
Join our highly motivated and talented team as a Sr. IS Supply Chain Solutions Architect and play an integral role in designing complex end to end solutions to support the Commerce & Lifecycle Solutions (CLS) division. Participate in the discernment of external customer requirements and work with internal support teams to evaluate them against existing and new system functionality within Ingram Micro. Work toward a seamless integrated solution with the customer providing opportunity for future growth for both you and our CLS division.
The Senior Systems Architect is a customer facing role with a presales component and works closely with internal stakeholders, along with prospective and existing clients. This ideal person will have a passion for quality and ability to identify mutually beneficial solutions.
- Define best practices as it pertains to EDI, XML, WMS (IMF, SAP, IMPulse), Transportation Management (JDA and legacy), Shipwire, Reporting, and Web Portals
- Manage client expectations, scope and timeline management
- Documentation and interpretation of our business requirements
- End to End Order management though billing
- Freight “rate shop” or optimization
- Freight billing and freight audit processing
- SCE processes including 3PL processes
- Ingram Micro SCS standard and extended offerings
- Complex PCG processes including GS1
- EDI, IM XML, Rosetta Net and forms of Electronic data protocols
- Small Parcel Carrier processes and integration
- LTL and Pallet Shipping processes
- Planning, analysis and configuration for in shipping and transportation
- Understanding of SCS processes
- Lead and provide strategic systems direction to the Business for key design decisions and principles related to the overall deployment of solution capabilities
- Proactively facilitate Fit-Gap Workshops and provide industry best practice reference points to Business stakeholders
- Provide business leadership, education and direction in the use of standard design templates, frameworks for the collection and documentation relating to transportation management
- Coordinate across functional teams to identify dependencies, cross team issues and potential risks as well as formulate end-to-end solution opportunities and reference models
- Provide functional directional support to all NTZ (near time zone) teams and reinforce the need and value for the use of a standard solution based design
- Coordinate with supporting program/project work-streams such as Change Enablement, Technology, Conversion/Deployment, etc. to ensure they have the required view and access to functional/solution information to successfully execute their work products.
- Provide leadership in the definition of a well-defined and deliverable Program/Project Scope business –IS based on the Global Template to ensure Product Change Request (PCR) are kept to an absolute minimum.
- Provide daily work direction and planning for direct reports and coordinate involvement of the NTZ team and Subject Mater Experts (SME) participation in project activities.
- Conduct performance evaluation for direct reports by establishing qualitative and quantitative performance KPIs; influence over selection/hiring and/or termination; contributes to the salary administration process for direct reports.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure SLAs are adhered to in all aspects of project delivery.
- Conduct and manage Organizational Development of direct reports by providing proactive career guidance, development plans and assistance in achieving the overall business objectives.
- Provide periodic status updates to project management regarding the process area maturity.
- Escalate issues or risks and eliminate barriers within the parameters of the management authority.
- Share financial accountability for performance against a budget, and manage the allocated IS Financial budget.
- Manage team’s vacation schedules and overtime to meet project commitments.
- Provide proactive leadership to SCS related activities and processes to ensure all customer SLAs are met.
- Work with regions and countries to ensure regular communication channel is established for updates and resolutions.
- Ownership of all Global deliverables – on time, budget and scope.
- Established a well-defined cadence to ensure timely delivery of all critical path items
- Provide estimates to new projects keeping in mind cross track requirements.
- Proactively plan with the team on quality assurance of all deliverables – from requirement àdesign à Testing à Deployment to post go live support.
- Ensure good project governance and use of standard tools
- Provide proactive leadership for directing a Change Enablement (CE) process to support business process changes implemented.
- Work with the team and with cross track team to capture all high risk processes which requires change impact assessment.
- Assist and provide tactical guidance to CE team for business readiness for all impacted processes.
- Build a culture of excellence and embracing change
- Support CE team for all global Business Process Design (BPDs) to be developed as part of the change enablement.
- Self-representation of a Change Agent to all users and extended stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Math or related discipline with an IT emphasis is required. A graduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering or MBA preferred
- 100% bilingual in English and Spanish
- Ability to travel internationally – approximately 30% travel to Chile, Colombia & Miami
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in:
- Complex cross-country electronic integration
- Global SAP Systems Implementations
- Complex international business environment
- Leading a team of 10+ members
- Anticipates company and customer needs in response to a changing global business model
- Partner effectively with customers and business to manifest vision
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors, internal and external customers and other cross functional program tracks
- Direct engagement with business resources to gauge current and future strategic needs, analyze impact
- Demonstrated high competency in the execution of multiple large projects
- Detailed understanding of systems implementation methodologies and their practical application
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in Relationship management
- Demonstrated competency in managing third party providers, especially with SAP certified solutions and bolt-ons
- Managing resources to meet goals across multiple projects
- Leading multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups
- Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and Complex business problems
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with a proven track record for each
- Manage the operational budget, report metrics for the group
- Manage a cross functional team to oversee and review process design, change assessment and business readiness
- Liaison with project management office and appropriate Project Management offices to help manage the day-to-day interdependencies of multiple project teams
- Create and lead a supportive team-oriented work climate that enables business team members to develop professionally and that values diversity, promotes teamwork and collaboration and emphasizes quality, customer satisfaction, creativity and cost effectiveness
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.