Learning and Development Specialist
About the Job
Position Exempt StatusExempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours40
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Learning and Development Specialist position to support our client, Microsoft, in Redmond, WA. This role is an exempt level position and will sit onsite Monday – Friday.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive work ethic who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 30 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Benefits Health & Welfare Package including –Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer Matching Health Savings Account
- Exclusive discounts on entertainment, health & wellness, travel and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
As the onsite L&D Specialist, you will empower our team onsite at Microsoft in Redmond to aspire to and achieve maximum productivity and personal job/career fulfillment. We are seeking a team player who is passionate about learning and possesses an effective facilitation style that engages employees and inspires excellence.
Partnering with the Learning & Development Manager, you will share individual and team skills assessment responsibilities; sourcing or designing instructor-led and e-learning development opportunities; facilitating instructor-led programs, and sourcing/working with SMEs.
As a Learning and Development Specialist you will:
- In partnership with the L&D Manager, design or source effective instructor-led and e-learning programs, as well as job-aids to fulfill learning objectives and close performance gaps
- Promote, select and use technology effectively in development design
- Produce instructional online or hard-copy content
- Test design effectiveness and technological functionality
- Solicit and use feedback to improve programs before, during, and after implementation
- Ensure compliance with all legal, ethical, regulatory, and corporate/customer requirements
- Prepare self and/or others to thoroughly understand course objectives and requirements, learner outcomes, and method of delivery
- Manage logistics side of learning programs including timelines, scheduling, catering, distribution of pre-work, preparing/enlisting learners’ managers’ support/follow-up
- Deliver engaging, innovative informal and formal training as identified; including NEO (New Employee Orientation), technical skill development, service skill development, etc.
- Evaluate effectiveness of program content, design, and delivery compared to customer expectations and desired outcomes; gather and use feedback to make successful adjustments
- Document and report, as needed, evidence of training effectiveness and performance improvements
- Evaluate learner progress and provide positive and constructive feedback as indicated
- Help L&D Manager proactively identify future training needs to support evolving business needs
- Consciously and consistently seek opportunities to further own professional education
- Research, assess appropriateness, and utilize latest learning industry trends and knowledge to achieve learning objectives
- Seek constructive feedback to gain perspective on personal development needs
- Identify and establish solid working relationships with key site personnel and customers
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job.
- 2 years of experience in training, learning and development, consulting, or similar program development and implementation
- 2 years of face-to-face training or facilitation experience
- Demonstrated superior training, facilitation, and communication skills, including writing, listening, speaking, and delivering engaging presentations and learning
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer)
- 1+ years of experience with e-learning development/delivery and social media (such as wikis, blogs, social networking, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, education, instructional design, business, psychology (or equivalent work experience)
- Certification(s) related to coaching, adult education, facilitation, instructional design, online content development, business communications, or related areas
- Demonstrated strong customer-focused communications and actions
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills; time and project management skills, ability to keep the mission in view while attending to details
- Highly motivated, optimistic and curious
- Flexible and adaptable; embraces change
- Empathetic and driven to help people learn, grow and succeed
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Experience with skill assessment and learner evaluation
- Significant knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation, including models such as ADDIE, Kirkpatrick
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS