Benefits Analyst I
About the Job
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
The Benefits Analyst I is a member of the HR Benefits Team and is responsible for assisting in the administration and auditing of employee benefit programs, with guidance from senior Benefit Analysts and under the supervision of the Director of Benefits. The Benefits Analyst I is also responsible for providing customer service for employee benefits questions and vendor issues of medium complexity, assistance with regulatory compliance, and participating in special projects.
Performs administration and auditing of health and welfare and retirement plans and programs:
- Processes employee transactions and data requests related to various health and welfare and retirement plans and programs
- Generates/receives and reviews regular and ad hoc reports, and audits automated and manual data entry processes
- Processes invoices and performs reconciliations
- Tracks and communicates accruals related to benefit expenses
- Maintains accurate and complete records
- Identifies and helps implement process improvements
- May “own” one more more benefit programs of low to medium complexity from end-to-end
Provides customer service for escalated benefits questions:
- Becomes a subject matter expert on Standard’s benefits plans and programs
- Researches and responds to employee and retiree benefit questions of medium complexity
- Ensures customer needs are clearly understood and provides timely and accurate information
Assists in government reporting and regulatory compliance:
- Generates requested reports and responds to vendor data requests in timely manner
Participates in special projects:
- Provides data, conducts research, and evaluates information
- Conducts user acceptance testing and identifies problems
Education: Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
Experience: 1-2 years of experience administering benefits plans and programs; knowledge of general benefit rules and regulations. Demonstrated skills in:
- Familiarity with generating and reviewing benefit plan data
- Familiarity with performing data manipulation and analysis using Excel
- Comfort learning new software and systems
- Effective written and oral communication
- Collaborating with others
- Providing high quality customer service
- Continuous process improvement
Professional certification required: None
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.