Shipping & Print Finishing Clerk
About the Job
Position Exempt StatusNon-Exempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours37.5
Scheduled Shift1st Shift
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Shipping & Print Finishing Clerk position in New York, NY. The shift for this position is flexible and can begin anywhere between 6:00AM to 8:00AM and can go to 4:00PM the latest for 37.5 hours a week. The starting pay for this position will be around $14.00 per hour and will vary based on experience. Candidates who successfully complete their first 90 days of employment will also be given an additional $1.00 increase to their hourly rate.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive work ethic who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 30 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Benefits Health & Welfare Package including – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer Matching Health Savings Account
- Exclusive discounts on entertainment, health & wellness, travel and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
The Shipping & Print Finishing Clerk will be an integral part of our talented team, supporting our continued growth.
A Shipping & Print Finishing Clerk’s daily tasks will involve:
- Perform various Print Center activities (Finishing, Binding, folding, Trimming, Shipping using FedEx/UPS Systems, etc.)
- Lift heavy boxes, or paper when needed
- Maintain the highest levels of customer care while demonstrating a friendly and cooperative attitude
- Demonstrate flexibility in satisfying customer demands in a high volume, production environment
- Consistently adhere to business procedure guidelines
- Adhere to all safety procedures
- Take direction from supervisor or site manager
- Maintain all logs and reporting documentation; attention to detail
- Participate in cross-training and perform other duties as assigned (Filing, outgoing shipments, etc)
- Operating Printing copy or Finishing equipment
- Shipping of client printed materials
- Handle time-sensitive material like confidential, urgent packages
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Provide backfill when needed
- Enter information daily into spreadsheets
- Identify charges and match them to billing
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job.
- Keyboarding and windows environment PC skills required (Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Minimum of 6 months customer service related experience
- Lift and Move heavy boxes - 55 lbs. throughout your shift
- Experience with running high production print equipment
- Experience with running high production Shrink Wrap equipment
- Experience with running high production packing/sealing equipment
- Experience with supply inventory/restocking
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS