Sr Events Marketing Manager
About the Job
A Senior Events Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and leading Ingram Micro Cloud’s global events strategy and execution. He or she will support executive leadership as an events advisor and strategist, working directly with regional marketing and sales teams. A Senior Event Leader is a self-motivated, energetic, and results oriented position responsible for the organization and delivery of Ingram Micro events as well as acting as a lead. These events include but are not limited to conferences, meetings, tradeshows, and board meetings. A Senior Event Marketing Manager will lead or co-lead a team of event professionals with the logistics organization and delivery of Ingram Micro’s highly complex multi-day, multi-element events with an average minimum of 500 attendees.
This position is accountable for the financial plan, results, and reconciliation related to these events; manages client expectations with the team, and is the single point of contact with the client.
Event Services Mission: To organize quality events and deliver excellent customer service at the best value to every customer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Team Lead - Percent of time spent in this area 40%
- Lead the logistics organization, delivery, and financial reconciliation Ingram Micro Cloud’s highly complex multi-day, multi element conferences with an average minimum of 500 attendees.
- Guide team throughout event production to secure planning and meeting of deadlines.
Consultation - Percent of time spent in this area 30%
- Provide consultation where needed, assess needs, ensure compliance with Ingram Micro’s policies as procedures (gift cards; liability waivers, certificate of insurance, etc.) as well as guidance and direction on net new event strategy for new customer recruitment targeting customer groups such as SI’s, Hosters, Telcos, and MSP’s.
Plan and Deliver -Percent of time spent in this area 10%
- Independently organize and deliver events working closely with the client as the single point of contact.
- Results: Well-planned, well organized, well-delivered events! Provide timely reconciliation of program expenses vs. budgets to clients; strengthen the relationship with clients; and offers individual recognition of a well-done program.
Client Services - Percent of time spent in this area 20%
- Manage client expectations by fostering a trusting partnership; offer consultation to meet goals and objectives; provide program updates; budget reviews; and transparency in all aspects of program organization.
- Results: Delivery of an exceptional event experience for our attendees whereby the implementation is smooth and transparent promoting care and attention to the client's needs throughout the journey.
Education and Experience required:
- Formal education or training: Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or additional relevant experience in related field. Certification as CMP is required. Coursework in the following areas preferred: Communications, Budgeting, Writing, Travel, Hotel & Conventions Services, Trade Shows, and Event Planning.
- Previous work experience: A minimum of seven to ten years in service/hospitality, meeting/event planning and travel management; experience in problem-solving and process improvement. A professional appearance and positive attitude is a must.
Critical Competencies required:
- Communicates Effectively
- Partners Effectively with Customers and Vendors
- Analyzes and Evaluates Information Effectively to make decisions
- Demonstrates Critical Thinking
- Identifies Priorities and Plans Accordingly
- Takes Accountability for Personal Excellence
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Superior Knowledge of Meeting/Events planning, travel industry, meeting software, and basic accounting practices.
- Superior Skill in: Negotiating, contract review, organization, customer service, oral and written communication, multi-tasking, project management, site selection, web based registration builds and operations, account reconciliation
- Ability to: Meet deadlines under pressure, work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects, lead a team, work independently, think outside the box, think on your feet
- 50% travel required; job will require working non-traditional
- Experience working in global events strategy and execution
- Previous experience working in tech industry is a plus
THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.