About the Job
Position Exempt StatusNon-Exempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours40
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Packaging Specialist position in Lawrenceville, NJ. The shift for this position will be approximately 8AM - 5PM, working Monday – Friday. The starting pay for this position will be around $15 per hour and will vary based on experience. Candidates who successfully complete their first 90 days of employment will also be given an additional $1.00 increase to their hourly rate.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive work ethic who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 30 or more hours per week may qualify for:
Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
Benefits Health & Welfare Package including – Medical, Dental, Vision
Employer Matching Health Savings Account
Exclusive discounts on entertainment, health & wellness, travel and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
Packaging Specialist's role are vital to the organization of a company's communication. With a strong attention to detail, they will facilitate a variety of tasks to ensure high levels of customer service in a fast paced environment.
A Packaging Specialist's daily tasks will involve:
- Employee must pay attention to detail and follow exact instructions from DOT/IATA requirements, and ensure all compliance are met.
- Verify all needed information from requisition is complete on Shipping Order.
- Verify all pre-packed items are free of damage and are not leaking Repackage customer samples according to their requirements.
- Follow set procedures for the safe handling and shipping of customer compounds and chemical samples using procedures for classification, identification, and proper packaging and document preparation as deemed by customer and the Federal Government using references from the 49 CFR-Code of Federal Regulations-Title 49-Transportation and IATA-International Air Transport Association- Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- Maintain accuracy of required reports and logs
- Ensure the highest level of customer care
- Ensure adherence to business guidelines, safety and security procedures
- Support financial results by minimizing site waste and rework
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job.
Other aspects of your background will include:
- Ability to effectively work individually or a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to changing fast-growing production environment
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written with customers and company personnel
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to meet employer's attendance policy
- Work experience in email and Microsoft Windows environments is required
- May be required to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds maximum allowed by current State Law with or without accommodations or the
- Must be able to sit, stand, and/or walk for long periods of time with or without accommodations
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Willingness to submit to a pre-employment drug test, employment history check and criminal background check
- Steel Toe Safety Shoes
- Business Casual Dress Attire
- 2-3 years HazMat experience preferred
- Fork Lift Operation Experience a plus
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS