Director Human Resources - Distribution Center Operations
About the Job
Director Human Resources, Distribution Center Operations
At Ingram Micro, our people make us who we are. Here you’ll learn new skills, share ideas and drive results globally. We are looking for talented, bright, and driven people to join our team. Ingram is looking for an exceptional Director Human Resources who can drive strategic business initiatives as well as manage people.
Position Summary/Key Responsibilities:
The HR Director is a strategic business partner to the U.S. Advanced Logistics and Operations, transportation, trade compliance, engineering, account management, and process improvement leaders and their teams to translate business strategy into HR strategy and organizational needs to HR solutions and plans. This role will support the Operations leaders’ goals to improve associate engagement, establish IM as a preferred (or great) place to work, while exceeding customer expectations hire, engage, and develop top talent and build the organizational capabilities required for short and long-term business success. Based in Irvine, working closely with the VP Operations, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating the efforts of multiple HR teams located in Advanced Logistics Centers (ALCs) in the U.S.
- In partnership with the VP Operations and Operations Leadership team, develops HR strategies and solutions that align to the business and functional strategy and objectives.
- Evaluate current practices to ensure best in class programs, tools and engagement.
- Develop and Implement competency based leadership evaluation and tools to support talent development, increased bench-strength, proactive recruiting plans to support transformational leadership effectiveness improvements
- Leads, develops and maintains HR operational excellence in each ALC – building and advancing the capabilities of the field HR teams.
- Facilitates organizational analysis and develops metrics to drive organizational effectiveness through workforce planning and utilization, talent/performance management, organization development, and workplace culture.
- Develops robust talent management plans and drives the right initiatives to hire, on board, develop, retain and engage talent in critical roles – from direct labor to senior leadership.
- Pursue and champion alternative direct staffing solutions to support operations labor variability, market challenges and mitigate staffing risks during peak. This includes working closely with IM strategic sourcing, 3rd party staffing agencies, local HR and operations teams
- Acts as a catalyst for change by collaborating with senior operations leadership to identify organization priorities develops network-wide strategies, and guides change management solutions and implementation plans in each ALC.
- Coaches senior leaders on complex leadership and HR issues including development, engagement, and talent performance and issues which could have the potential to create a competitive advantage for the business.
- Manages HR resources and priorities, develops HR solutions via local HR teams, Centers of Excellence (COE) or third party vendors, as appropriate, aligning to business and HR goals and leads successful implementation of initiatives.
- Expand performance management culture through updating policies, procedures and KPI’s needed to support a culture of continuous improvement & accountability while balancing these with the needs of our associates.
- Establish and support a culture of open communication through consistent messaging, vehicles, standardized meeting formats and content
- Helps guide COE owners in the shaping of appropriate and innovative HR solutions; especially around compensation, benefits and engagement of direct labor workforce.
- Stays abreast of changes in HR law (employment, labor and safety) and important issues which could impact the business and shares knowledge with business and HR teams.
- Keeps abreast of industry, market and functional trends, and leverages these insights to develop appropriate business unit HR strategies and solutions.
- Ensures activities throughout the organization are core, common and consistent with our core values and leadership behaviors
- Organizational Design – propose and drive optimal organizational design including lean, manager-to-supervisor ratios, spans and layers, and step-change job families
- Productivity of the workforce – share best practices on schedules and working hours, training, cross-training solutions, application of the Learning Management System for performance management and productivity improvements;
- Engagement –establish promising practices with respect to culture and engagement, proactively assess the pulse of the organization and stay abreast of industry and labor trends;establish IM as preferred place to work in each market
- Compensation – partner with corporate compensation and benefits and strategic sourcing to renew compensation and reward schemes for this important population including temporary labor agreements, wage structures, career path/advancement steps and other forms of rewards/recognition;
- Policy & Practice – maintain a thorough knowledge of human resource policies and procedures, as well as US federal and state laws; and,
- Health, Safety and Wellness –propose safety enhancements, working with ALC leaders, safety, finance and HR to design effective incentive schemes for safety metrics and implementing safety and workers’ compensation training programs, benefits and wellness campaigns;partner with risk management to reduce loss time and implement return to work procedures.
- BA/BS required, MA/MS preferred
- Senior Human Resources Manager from a large multi-site global company with 10+ years of successful experience and a minimum of 2 years as senior HR business partner/HR generalist working in an operations or supply chain environment.
- Experience as a strategic business partner with credibility as a trusted adviser and confidant to senior management on business issues and business strategy with the ability to link human resources as a driver and influencer of business performance.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hand- on exposure to the full mix of HR functions, including employee relations, engagement, workforce planning, employment, performance management, training/development, compensation/benefits administration and safety/workers compensation.
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and initiatives have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid and positive professional relationships with senior leadership, subordinates and peers in a heavily matrixed environment
- Effective negotiating skills with proven ability to influence without direct authority
- Demonstrated to respond with a high level of tact, diplomacy, discretion and empathy/understanding in a geographically dispersed and multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing competency based leadership models and organizational change
- Possess a passion for new ideas and excellence, as well as being innovative, self-motivated and results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Travel up to 25% within the U.S., primarily to warehouse and logistics centers
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.) a plus!
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.