Manager, Record to Report
About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a diversified specialty biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
The Bristol-Myers Squibb North America Capability Center is a state-of-the-art facility in Tampa, Florida, providing strategic capabilities for delivering end-to-end process excellence and innovation. The center provides high knowledge-based capabilities and services across multiple disciplines and is part of our ongoing efforts in continuous process improvement. At the North America Capability Center we continue to explore ways to simplify processes and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our operations.
- Manage the Global Restructuring Reserve through coordination with Global Business unit finance teams and close collaboration with Corporate Financial Reporting.
- Provide training and communication to Finance community and drive process improvements.
- Manage the Fringe Accounting for US company codes, quarterly spending, as well as budget, projection and cash flow.
- Responsible for Month end close for a number of US company codes including Financial Report review, Quarterly BS Flux analysis, monitor BS reconciliations and action items, new accounting policies implementation, and General Accounting management.
- Assist in the Coordination of the Projection and Budget for assigned U.S. Business Units.
- Complete the Legal Entity Projection and Budget for assigned U.S. Business Units. Review work completed by other NACC-based staff as pertains to assigned U.S. Business Units.
- Assistant Controller for Corporate Functions and Global Alliance Accounting.
- As Business Continuity Plan (BCP) Lead, coordinate the training and testing of the BMS Americas Region portion of the BCP for the Accenture Manila and Bangalore Delivery Centers as well as BMS Americas Business Continuity Plan.
- Work with Accenture Team Leads and BFS counterparts in other geographies to execute required training and testing.
- Provide escalation-level support to LATAM Finance Directors and Assistant Controllers and provide resolutions when regular processes are insufficient.
- Prepare and support external audit for the BMS Foundation entity.
- Manage the close out of dormant entities and monitor the processing of all interfaces that post to the ledger on a monthly basis.
- Maintain internal controls environment to the highest standard.
- Identify and support opportunities for Continuous Process improvements. Take initiative to resolve issues, propose optional solutions, drive productivity, efficiently use resources and increase awareness of policies and procedures through the NACC team and Accenture team.
- Develop, coach the NACC team through showing, customer service focused excellence, excellent trust-building relationship skills, strong appetite to learn, inclination to network, a disciplined work ethic and adaptability to periods of change.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred; MBA a plus. Minimum of 8 years diversified experience in accounting or finance.
- Public accounting preferably with a big four firm or Internal Audit with large Corporation a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years managerial/supervisory experience.
- Fluent in English and Spanish required.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, LATAM statutory GAAP a plus.
- SAP and Financial Shared Services experience a plus.
- Ability to work successfully in a matrix environment and achieve objectives through staff not in direct reporting line.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple operational issues and projects concurrently.
- Sensitive to cultural and national diversities and is able to create.
- Some travel maybe required.