Field HEOR Scientist- South Region
About the Job
Location\: Southeastern U.S.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
- The position has two main responsibilities, conducting health economics and outcomes research as a part of a cross-functional matrix team in an internal-facing role, and leading the medical interface with key access customers in a field-facing role.
- The HEOR Scientist will be responsible for collaborating on the development and implementation of the US HEOR strategy, plans, and research.
- They work closely with the home office medical teams to develop, interpret, and disseminate data/information assessing the medical value of BMS assets and must have experience executing all phases of the research process.
- The HEOR Scientist will be required to direct research strategy to ensure BMS answers key questions in the health care marketplace driven by direct payer insights in accordance with Company policies and in collaboration with the home office medical matrix team.
- In addition, the HEOR Scientist will lead Health Economics and Outcomes Research for any given therapeutic area.
- The HEOR Scientist will concentrate their field-facing activities on specific accounts which include regional managed care accounts, and key integrated delivery networks in order to facilitate appropriate patient access, medical policy, coverage, and reimbursement for all BMS portfolio assets.
- They are responsible for developing sustainable customer relationships and discussing comprehensive scientific, health economic, epidemiology, and quality of life information.
- The HEOR Scientist will work closely with the commercial Account Executives, MSLs, and home office medical matrix teams.
Ability to drive a company-provided car is an essential qualification of this position. Candidates must be able to drive a BMS-provided vehicle between locations (often a great distances apart), and arrive at each location ready and able to enthusiastically and efficiently demonstrate an applied knowledge of pertinent health care industry trends. Candidates must possess a high level of ethics, integrity and responsible and safe driving history.
- Doctoral trained professional (PhD, PharmD, MD) with an emphasis in health services research, health economics research, public health, health services, or related field.
- A Masters level degree will be considered if degree is specific to health economics or outcomes research, with appropriate clinical background and years of experience.
- Minimum 8-10 years of previous work experience in the pharmaceutical, managed care, or consulting industries with a primary focus on Market Access (public or private payers) with specific experience conducting health economics and outcomes research in all stages of the research process
- Demonstrated expertise in health economics and outcomes research, candidate should include their publication list.
- Must possess the ability to understand, interpret and make recommendations concerning the evolving US healthcare marketplace and comparative effectiveness research.
- Must have a proven ability to build customer relationships.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and communications skills.
- Flexibility to travel is required.
- The amount will depend on geographic location of customers & home base.
As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of “Qualified Driver,” as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following\: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and, 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.