Research Scientist II
About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The successful candidate will work closely with discovery working groups and other bioanalytical team members to design, develop and implement assays for targeted protein quantitation. The role requires the ability to independently develop and implement plate-based and bead-based enrichment and immuno-capture strategies for target proteins in various matrices. Experience handling and processing diverse biospecimens (tissues, blood, and cells from culture) for bioanalysis is critical. The candidate must be capable of supporting quantitative studies by performing phosphopeptide enrichment using automated liquid-handler workflows. The candidate will be expected to develop lab protocols for protein and peptide enrichment, digestion using multiple enzymes, and subsequent LCMS analyses. Additionally, the candidate will manage the total protein (micro-BCA) assay workstream.Qualification:
• B.S. or M.S. degree with 10+ years of Pharmaceutical Industry experience.
• This position requires strong experimental skills using modern analytical instrumentation.
• Knowledge and understanding of the practical, theoretical, and hands-on aspects of hybrid LBA LC-MS assays are required.
• Technical experience with modern analytical chemistry and proteomics techniques is essential\: magnetic bead handler (KingFisher or equivalent), automated phosphopeptide enrichment (MOAC, IMAC, and anti-pY enrichment using Agilent Bravo system), general proteomic sample processing skills (desalting, enzymatic digestion, sample concentration normalization), plate-based colorimetric assays (micro-BCA).
• Familiarity with the utilization of computer based applications, automation software, data processing software, report writing and spreadsheet data reduction is preferred.
• The individual must also possess good written and verbal communication skills and be able to work independently in a dynamic changing environment where a high degree of teamwork, collaboration and sharing are encountered on a daily basis.