Director - HQ Medical, Immuno-Oncology - Biomarkers & Diagnostics (Genomics)
Bristol-Myers Squibb Lawrence Township, NJ
About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at BMS. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. BMS recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The BMS Medical organization strives to be recognized throughout the world as the most accomplished and respected BioPharma Medical organization. In BMS Medical, you will have the ability to impact the lives of patients by developing and ensuring the safe and appropriate use of our medicines. Medical increasingly plays a valuable and unique role in unlocking the full potential of our scientific and medical innovation. Headquarters (HQ) Medical bridges clinical development with clinical practice and gains broader knowledge of the healthcare industry.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
This position plays a critical role the development and execution of BMS’ Medical oncology biomarker strategy and in the transfer of biomarker knowledge to the BMS’ Medical organization in the regions/markets. This position includes the following responsibilities\:
- Partner with PharmacoDiagnostic, tumor medical and commercial teams, Translational Medicine to ensure medical readiness, and to deliver against oncology brand objectives for genomic biomarkers, including tumor mutation burden
- Partner with diagnostic companies to develop and execute medical plans to ensure market level diagnostic test understanding and adoption
- Develop innovative biomarker focused internal and external medical education presentations and programs including symposia and training
- Identify and translate biomarker and diagnostic focused medical insights. Serve as a role model and lead knowledge transfer to and from HQ to Markets
- Work with publications and colleagues from across the business to develop and execute a robust publication strategy
- Transform biomarker data into medical knowledge for both internal and external stakeholders
- Present biomarker data at congresses
- Advanced scientific degree (PhD, MD, or PharmD)
- 5-7 years clinical or industry experience in the clinical or market implementation of biomarkers and diagnostics. Oncology experience preferred
- Experience developing or launching genomic biomarkers or diagnostics (including next-generation sequencing based) preferred
- Relevant industry experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development. Experience in a customer-facing role with external thought leaders and key customers desired
- Highly motivated and organized individual possessing excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Customer & Stakeholder Engagement – Skill in identifying relevant stakeholders, creating channels to gather and leverage feedback to meet the objectives of the business
- Influence Across Matrix – Skill in identifying, building and maintaining key relationships across the enterprise and leveraging those relationships to gain/provide information, start/stop action and align on next steps to meet shared objectives