About the Job
Position Exempt StatusNon-Exempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours37.5
Scheduled Shift2nd Shift
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Legal Proofreader position in Austin, TX. The shift for this position will be 5:00 PM – 1:30 AM, working Monday – Friday. The position is located in south Austin, and the starting pay for this position will be around $17.00 per hour and will vary based on experience. Candidates who successfully complete their first 90 days of employment will also be given an additional $1.00 increase to their hourly rate.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive work ethic who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 30 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Benefits Health & Welfare Package including –Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer Matching Health Savings Account
- Exclusive discounts on entertainment, health & wellness, travel and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
To perform proof reading for internal and client legal document work generated by the end-user Community.
A Legal Proof Reader’s daily tasks will involve:
- Begin/end scheduled shift(s) on time
- Review all job instructions prior to beginning work to ensure full understanding and capability to produce what is being asked
- Customize documents & correct formatting problems as per clients' specifications
- Use intelligent reasoning when interpreting user's instructions
- Communicate with Supervisors, Leads, and Proofreaders in a responsive and helpful manner
- Be knowledgeable about the firm's formats, styles, and (on projects where required) branding guidelines
- Correctly audit styles and formats in documents
- Correctly apply styles and formatting to documents
- Understand and use standard legal proofreading symbols and markings to identify needed corrections
- Audit documents to clients' specifications
- Confirm accuracy of text and data retrieved from electronic files
- Maintain productivity/utilization rates as per specified minimum requirements
- Anticipate problems and seek to resolve them (e.g., inaccurate or obsolete job time estimates)
- Ask for help when needed; provide help when asked
- Work without supervision when needed
- Take full responsibility for accuracy and completeness of documents
- Quality check work without exception
- Employ a good knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- Use dictionaries, thesaurus and other reference tools
- Use scanning equipment and software to input select documents
- Follow departmental standards and procedures
- Be a reliable team player and act in a professional manner at all times
Most Challenging Part of Job
- Working against tight deadlines and/or under extreme pressure
- Being a reliable, functional resource to the department
- Produce quality products, especially during stressful moments
- Maintain communication as to job status, any potential problems, probability of missed deadline, etc.
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, WordPerfect, among others, to provide solutions at the operator level
- At least 2 years of on-the-job experience in a fast-paced production environment
- Knowledge of legal proofreading a must
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS