IT Application Support Specialist
Bristol-Myers Squibb Princeton, NJ
About the Job
About Bristol-Myers Squibb\:
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The Application Support Specialist manages daily production issues for scientific applications used by the Veterinary Sciences, Drug Safety, Drug Discovery and other groups within BMS Research. In addition, the Application Support Specialist will install and configure server-side software for a variety of custom and COTS applications. They will work collaboratively with business stakeholders and Digital Capability Managers to plan, prioritize and deliver new releases.
- Ensuring the effective support and maintenance of applications in production.
- Managing all application change requests in a controlled manner per BMS Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) SOPs.
- Planning and prioritization of application releases working within the Demand Management framework
- Managing application releases from requirements through deployment.
- Tier 2 and tier 3 technical support (triage, break/fix, solution design, delegation of implementation)
- BA/BS in IT/IM or a science. At least 5 years of IT experience.
- A solid track record participating in cross functional teams and developing software applications following structured SDLC processes in a regulated environment. Experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred
- The ability to drive performance, achieve results, and effectively manage relationships in a highly matrixed organization
- Demonstrated understanding of implementing and managing multi-tiered end-user support models.
- Application development experience sufficient to provide triage for complex technical issues; primarily with .Net and Java frameworks and Oracle. SharePoint experience and Service Oriented Architecture knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of GxP , 21 CFR part 11, and Computer System Validation
- In-depth Oracle SQL querying skills
- Linux command line basics
- Experience with and troubleshooting of application servers such as Apache and MS IIS