Sr Mgr, Operations
About the Job
The Senior Manager of Operations & Programs will serve as a highly impactful and influential member of the Commerce and Fulfillment Solutions (CFS) leadership team. This is a highly versatile role with a wide range of responsibilities, both internal and external. Externally, this individual will interface with customers, vendors and suppliers to drive jointly strategic operations-facing programs while, in certain cases, playing a consultative role to assess needs and develop innovative solutions. Internally, they will assist senior leadership in driving an operations transformation agenda globally to develop new capabilities designed to profitably grow the Commerce & Fulfillment Solutions business unit, while also executing on the day-to-day business.
The senior manager will help architect a strategic blueprint to maximize our companies’ operational competencies, while positioning CFS to respond to the growing needs of a diverse client base. They will develop suppliers to maximize leverage and ability to scale network capacity. He/she will be a high energy leader, building strong internal and external high impact relationships.
- Engage with existing or prospective customers to develop supply chain and commerce solutions that meet their needs for growth or problem solving. These engagements will span from executive level strategy development to program design and implementation.
- Develop 3PL’s and lead cross-functional teams through implement and adoption of new capabilities or offering.
- Manage a portfolio of programs, some as the program owner managing the full lifecycle, others as the portfolio owner driving assessment, prioritization, accountability and visibility.
- Lead operating performance reviews across the regions and functions, drive appropriate actions to ensure execution to business objectives and the team is aligned on direction and accountability.
- Provide inspired leadership and professional management thereby creating a culture that “thinks and wins” as a team and works together for shared success. She/he will attract, develop, and retain top talent in the industry internally and externally.
- Drive operational improvement by implementing appropriate and effective operating practices across the business operation.
- Serve as a change agent and influencer within the company to assist in the creation and implementation of “right-sized” solutions for the business.
- Partner across the organization to develop and strengthen strategic alliances with customers.
- Partners with Sales, Product Development, Operations, Finance, Global Engineering, Global Vendor Engagement and IS to meet and exceed the objectives
- Creates a culture in each facility that reflects Ingram Micro’s values
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 10 + years of supply chain, manufacturing and operations experience, with increased responsibility in operationally challenging organizations.
- The right individual should have deep and broad exposure to most elements of the supply chain from planning, order-to-cash, manufacturing and logistics.
- Experience gained in or supporting multi-channel environments is key.
- International experience, with global operations and diverse country-level needs and styles is key.
- Experience developing, managing outsourcing relationships, including commercial aspects, as the outsourcer and/or as outsource operator required.
- Contextual knowledge of being a supplier and a customer and application to partnerships.
- Experience in financial control, process design and re-engineering, project management, and project evaluation.
- Demonstrated process improvement skills gained in operationally centric environments, where improvements are driven by creativity and innovation and can be shown via measurable KPI’s.
- Has worked in matrix organizations and has brought or shared best-in-class. Lean/Kaizen and PMP exposure would be beneficial.
- Practical experience with ERP (SAP), WMS, OMS, Order-to-cash apps, BI, contact center metrics, supply/demand planning tools is a key attribute.
- Extensive travel required, up to 50%