Mail Clerk- Part Time
About the Job
Position Exempt StatusNon-Exempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours25
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Mail Clerk position in Newbury Park, CA. The shift for this position will be 11:00 AM-4:00 PM, working Monday – Friday. The position is located in Newbury Park, and the starting pay for this position will be around $10.50 per hour and will vary based on experience. Candidates who successfully complete their first 90 days of employment will also be given an additional $1.00 increase to their hourly rate.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive work ethic who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 20 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Exclusive discounts entertainment, health & wellness, travel, and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
With a strong attention to detail, this role will facilitate a variety of mailroom tasks to ensure high levels of customer service in a fast paced environment.
A Mail Clerk’s daily tasks will involve:
- Assist as needed: Prepare materials for mailing including: applying postage, preparing items for shipment or collection, distributing items as needed, ensuring items are properly labeled and documenting data according to management guidelines.
- Assist as needed: Perform start-up and operations of postage equipment
- Assist as needed: Sort, deliver and pick-up mail and packages utilizing mail cart according to established time frames and service standards
- Sort Return Mail
- Sort and prepare print work for insert process
- Manual stuff insert jobs
- Manage forms supply for insert jobs
- Assist with loading and unloading of deliveries as needed
- Maintain shipping and receiving area as required
- Maintain all logs and reporting documentation as required
- Assist as needed: Receive and log all incoming items, letters, checks and packages, including certified, registered, return receipt, Accountable shipments
- Assist as needed: Keep manager advised of associate or employee moves or requests, and other related matters
- Assist as needed: Coordinate special messenger services, air freight, etc.
- Adhere to company policies, business guidelines and safety procedures
- Participate in cross training and perform other duties as assigned
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job.
The following is required:
- Minimum of 6 months customer service related experience
- Keyboarding and windows environment PC skills required (Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Willingness and availability to work additional hours if assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- You will be required to submit to pre-employment checks as a condition of employment, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. You will have to sign necessary consents to submit to the pre-employment checks.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS