Record to Report Senior Accountant
About the Job
Senior Accountant roles within Global Finance Services Record to Report in Tampa, Florida will provide support to US based business units as well as some global functions. The General Accounting Team partners with Accenture as an outsourced service provider for many general accounting activities – accordingly many aspects of the roles will require interaction with and review and management of work performed offshore by Accenture.
- Prepare and manage the Global Restructuring Reserve through coordination with Global Business Unit finance teams and close collaboration with Corporate Financial Reporting. Provide training and support communication to Finance community and process improvements.
- Prepare and support external audit for the BMS Foundation entity
- Support Global Mobile employee accounting. Provide training and support communication to Finance community and process improvements.
- General Accounting Subject Matter Expert for business units or Corporate functions based in the US. General accounting activities relate to managing the month end close, preparing Journal Entries; performing balance sheet account analysis to ensure appropriate reported balances and to provide support for quarterly earnings releases and 10Q filings.
- Business Continuity Plan Training and Support,
- Quarterly Balance Sheet Flux and Account Analysis
- Legal Entity Budget /Projection – preparation and analysis for assigned legal entities
Bachelor’s degree in accounting. CPA preferred; MBA a plus. Minimum 5 years diversified experience in accounting or finance. Public accounting with a big four firm or Internal Audit with large Corporation a plus. Strong knowledge of US GAAP is required. SAP and Hyperion experience is a plus.
The successful applicant must possess an extremely high attention to detail and be able to work collaboratively with key internal and external customers. They will need to demonstrate flexibility, be open-minded and adaptable to changing business needs and requests. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex financial information, be an effective decision maker and planner and be able to offer and deliver superior business solutions. The candidate must have ability to manage multiple tasks, be well organized, and have a proven track record of meeting or exceeding deadlines. Strong project management, analysis and risk management and leadership skills are very desirable. Strong, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are vital. The successful candidate must be a self starter, highly motivated, and work with minimal supervision.