Employee Benefit Sales Coordinator
About the Job
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
Analyze and evaluate risk for new groups and proposals for all groups including SST, Agility and Voluntary products, provide customer service to producers, policyholders and home office personnel and support services to the Employee Benefits Sales and Service office.
Contribute to the company’s success through excellent customer service and process improvements that meet or exceed performance objectives for the following major job functions:
- Competitively and profitably apply sound underwriting judgment during analysis of rfps for group insurance products and services, including self directed decisions to decline to bid on unfavorable requests. Professionally communicate with brokers and policyholders to gather and verify required proposal information. Perform investigation of the nature of business and the form organization. Assess requested plan designs, utilize local market and broker knowledge to match plan design details and/or include any alternate benefits or options especially opportunities to differentiate. With little or no guidance, transmit required information to the respective underwriting teams in home office or vendors via Salesforce, despite frequent fast paced and high volume environment. Research and resolve any questions, concerns or issues on rfps.
- Manage and monitor the pipeline of all proposals for brokers and sales rep deadlines via the Salesforce platform. Evaluate quotes from home office and vendors for requested plan design accuracy. Assess released quotes for significant variance or unexpected rate changes. Primary responsibility to coordinate and perform all tasks related to requesting corrections, changes, and re-quotes from home office teams and vendors. Effectively apply appropriate pricing decisions based on company guidelines and local or sales rep strategy. Maintain awareness of and carryout sales rep
- preference for completed proposal delivery, including formal bid packages. Assist sales reps in follow-up of delivered proposals by highlighting competitive cases and opportunities. Manage producer database via the Salesforce platform.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with sales reps, brokers, policyholders and home office personnel through professional negotiation, responsive communication, problem resolution and meeting customer expectations. Continue self-directed education on new products and services including all modifications and changes from the home office and vendors.
- Manage small group rfps, re-quotes and submitting all necessary documentation to the home office for contract issue and producer appointment. May be required to answer inquiries and be the customer service contact for small group policyholders.
- Provide one-on-one instruction to less experienced Sales Coordinators. Act as a back-up in heavy workloads in assisting customers via the phone or email.
- Perform varied administrative and clerical duties including but not limited to; creating correspondence, photocopying, filing, ordering and maintaining supplies, paying bills, distributing mail and faxes, preparing and sending mail, faxes and packages for delivery, maintaining postage meter and other office equipment, assembling marketing material and administrative kits and preparing reports. Answer incoming calls and receive visitors, positively greeting them, handling their inquiries or redirecting them to the appropriate person. Cross train for other office functions and back up other employees as requested. Participate in various projects or initiatives. Perform other duties as assigned or required by the Manager.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
Experience: 3 to 5 years progressively responsible work experience in Employee Benefits including customer service, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
Professional certification: N/A.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc., StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc. and StanCorp Mortgage Investors, LLC, marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.