ISR PROTOCOL MANAGEMENT LEAD
About the Job
The HQ ISR Protocol Management Lead will provide operational oversight and leadership to support the ISR, Non-Registrational Data Generation across all Assets.
Key Responsibilities and Major Duties\:
- Proactively monitors the book of work across the assigned therapeutic areas and appropriately determines resource allocations based upon program objectives and portfolio prioritization. Leads and coordinates cross functional operational meetings to discuss program-level updates and challenges.
- Ensures operational execution of development programs within the assigned therapeutic area by partnering with ISR Operations Leads to manage protocol trial manager (PTM) resource demand and address operational issues within each TA.
- Demonstrates strategic leadership and operational management of a large team with responsibility to ensure functional excellence and foster career development opportunities in a complex matrix organization; Monitors PTM role-based training plan, facilitates orientation and other educational training programs.
- Partners with Business Operations in managing resource supply and demand, utilization projections and algorithm management for the PTM role.
- Leads and participates in continuous improvement initiatives and/or Operations Forums.
- Demonstrates proficiency in organizational effectiveness/matrix leadership/project management framework (PMF) to support direct reports with issue identification & resolution, risk mitigation and knowledge sharing.
- Partners with Study Management and Business Operations line management to promote consistency and connectivity where appropriate across therapeutic areas.
- Identifies opportunities to streamline and simplify work and create efficiencies in all aspects of ISR operational execution.
- Support and set performance objectives and conducts formal performance evaluations. Implements performance improvement plans as needed according to guidelines. When appropriate, seeks input from Human Resources
- Drives employee retention efforts by acknowledging and rewarding high performance, facilitating career development and creating an environment that enhances balance between personal and professional life. Drives Talent Review and Promotion Planning. Employs sound strategies/available BMS Biopharma Behaviors tools to grow, engage & develop direct reports
- Collaborates with Human Resources to build a high performing team of Protocol Managers by recruiting and selecting high potential candidates through a disciplined selection process. Collaborates internally to build a pipeline of talent for BMS.
- Successfully integrates new members into the ISR Group by supporting mentoring/coaching through creation of relationships between new members and experienced personnel.
- Performs supervisory functions (e.g., Project Time oversight, new staff setup, travel authorization, T&E approval) for direct reports. Reviews and approves expenditures of direct reports to maintain cost-effective operations. Proactively monitor discretionary spend and remain good financial stewards for the ISR Group.
- Encourages a culture which emphasizes the importance of internal and external customers, teamwork, personal accountability and a winning attitude. Models Biopharma Behaviors/personally reinforces these desired behaviors at all levels. Creates new and innovative ways of working, demonstrates and encourages flexibility, open-mindedness and adaptability to a rapidly changing environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Include\:
- Acts as line manager for group of Protocol Trial Mangers; demonstrates strategic leadership and management of with responsibility for their functional excellence and career development in a complex matrix organization
- Coaches, mentors, provides feedback and creates development opportunities for teams and individuals
- Builds credibility by consistently contributing accurate and informed insights; demonstrates learning agility across disease states and products by learning and applying knowledge quickly to inform and shape strategy
- Identifies and leverages talent to build diverse and results-oriented high performance teams. Advocates for talent in appropriate forums
- Works with Functional Service Provider (FSP), ISR Operational Leads & Business Operations to resource ISR Teams appropriately and to identify and resolve performance issues for direct report.
- Minimum of a BS/BA degree required
- At least 7 years of direct line management or matrix management, experience in a pharmaceutical or CRO setting in the area of clinical trial operations/drug development.