Sr Manager, US HEOR
About the Job
Lead a BMS matrix team to develop an aligned strategy for Real World Evidence and Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) studies to demonstrate the value of BMS products in a meaningful way to healthcare customers.
- Make decisions on selecting external organizations and researchers with appropriate expertise for research collaborations.
- Effectively lead research and manage projects from concept through full execution, including reporting the evidence at scientific congresses, in peer reviewed publications, and proactive/reactive BMS communication tools.
- Demonstrate ability to support and influence internal BMS stakeholders.
- Be effective in demonstrating the value of HEOR initiatives so that funding can be secured.
- Execute RWE/HEOR studies in a scientifically rigorous way, while appropriately addressing business needs within the legal and regulatory requirements.
- Serve as an internal RWE/HEOR expert helping to develop product value propositions by incorporating evidence relating to health services research to achieve market access.
- Be viewed as an internal RWE/HEOR expert who is fully integrated into the BMS matrix team and provides critical input into development of effective communication tools and programs for optimal market access.
- Strive to demonstrate BMS behaviors of Passion, Speed, Innovation, and Accountability.
- Advanced degree in health science, e.g. PhD, PharmD, MS, MPH.
- Five plus years previous experience working in outcomes research, health economics or epidemiology in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Real World Evidence/observational study experience and study design expertise
- Real World Evidence database experience and data interpretation
- Ability to lead a cross functional team and influence without formal authority.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and make recommendations concerning the evolving US market.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Strong communications skills.
- Previous experience of executing multiple research projects simultaneously.
- Relevant scientific experience in pharmaceutical industry.
- Previous experience in publishing scientific data with strong scientific publication track record.
- In depth understanding of healthcare economics, epidemiology, quality of life and clinical research.
- Strong understanding of US payer and market access challenges.
- In depth understanding of statistical methods and tests. Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical development and product promotion.