Associate Scientist - Analytical Chemist
Bristol-Myers Squibb Devens, MA
About the Job
At Bristol-Myers Squibb, we believe that together we can make the difference. We want to do this by building professional teams who can create and innovate medicines that benefit doctors and their patients.
Our large-scale biologics manufacturing facility in Devens, Massachusetts, is expanding and there are a number of exciting career opportunities to join Bristol-Myers Squibb, one of the world’s leading BioPharma companies.
We’ve created one of the world’s premier biologics facilities, among the first sites in the industry to have a fully automated, integrated manufacturing control system that enables the plant to run virtually paperless. It is a site that combines biologics development with clinical and commercial manufacturing on a single campus – a true biologics center of excellence for the company where teams are encouraged to closely collaborate. This expansion was designed to support the launch of new medicines by more closely aligning biologics development and manufacturing capabilities. All this goes towards helping create and innovate life-saving medicines that fight serious illnesses.
The Associate Scientist will be responsible for supporting analytical activities within Biologics Process Development Analytics (PDA). The role will involve supporting in-process analytical testing, delivering results within customer and project timelines, assay harmonization activities within the network groups, and evaluation of new analytical technologies. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, is a team player, and have experience in Bioanalytical techniques as they apply to Biologics and related process impurities. A reasonable appreciation of upstream and downstream process development activities is highly desirable. This role will be located in Devens, MA. The candidate will work closely with PDA team members, Process Development and MS&T to deliver quality analytical data in a timely manner.
• Support Process Development upstream and downstream activities for early and late phase biologics process development.
• Responsibilities include reagent preparation, performing assays, data processing, electronic notebooks and LIMS entries in a timely manner.
• Support PD and network labs analytical requirement in a timely manner.
• Data analysis and presentations at internal and external meetings.Qualification:
• BSc/MSc in Analytical biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biotechnology, Protein Chemistry, Automation and Analytics
• 2-3 years’ experience in Process Development Analytical environment
• Experience with process impurity assays in biologics e.g. residual HCP, rProtein A, rDNA is required.
• Host cell protein Immunoassay (ELISA, 1D and 2D western blots) experience is highly preferred.
• Hand on experience with SoftMax, Magellan and liquid handling devices such as Tecan is highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of Tecan programming and script writing is preferred.
• Proficiency in data analysis using Excel worksheets, GraphPad Prism and reporting of results in Electronic Notebook.
• Basic understanding of Upstream and downstream process development activities in Biologics.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Works independently and collaborates with other groups. Deliver results in line with project and team objectives.
Together, we make a difference. Bristol-Myers Squibb is one of the world’s BioPharma leaders, committed to delivering innovative medicines as well as nurturing a culture that’s a springboard for progress. Our success depends on building teams of bold, innovative and passionate employees who will help continue to drive us further forward. No matter the role, we are united by our mission and determined to win this fight. And that makes all the difference. If you want to join us, apply now at www.bms.com/careers