Shipping and Receiving Associate
About the Job
Position Exempt StatusNon-Exempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours40
Scheduled Shift1st Shift
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Shipping and Receiving Associate position to support our client, Microsoft, in Redmond, WA. This position will be scheduled Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week, and compensation will start at $15.75 per hour.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive attitude who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 30 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Benefits Health & Welfare Package including –Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer Matching Health Savings Account
- Exclusive discounts on entertainment, health & wellness, travel and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
A Shipping and Receiving Associate at Microsoft is vital to the organization of the company’s distribution. With a strong attention to detail, you will facilitate a variety of tasks to ensure high levels of customer service in a fast paced environment.
A Shipping and Receiving Associate's Daily Tasks will include:
- Receive inbound mail, packages and freight
- Deliver all inbound mail, packages and freight to mailroom, package lockers or mutually accepted location.
- Collect proper signatures for deliveries to customers utilizing on site tracking software
- Collect all outbound mail, packages from the mailroom for collection by route driver.
- Help prepare all necessary paper work for domestic and international shipping
- Prepare outbound shipments i.e., boxing, assisting with crating etc.
- PC Recycle
- Keeps building clear of all PC recycle items and arranges collection via PC Recycle team
- Maintain all logs and reporting documentation.
- Drive a company vehicle to perform pick-up/delivery service for customer on an as needed basis
- Must be able to pass DOT screenings and regulations including but not limited to; minimum age of 21 years old, DOT Road Test, Physical and Drug Test
- Vehicles range from a cargo van to a 24’ box truck
- Adhere to business guidelines, company policies and safety regulations
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients and company personnel
- Providing customer service to all customers via email, phone or face to face in a professional manner
- Must be able to work with manual and powered materials handling equipment.
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need amazing people skills, patience, and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job. Other aspects of your background will include:
- Minimum of 1 year customer service related experience
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have valid driver's license and clean DMV record/MVR check
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Shipping and or mail services experience is strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of using Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to effectively work individually or within a team in a fast paced environment
- Competency in performing multiple functional tasks
- Willingness to cross-train for other job functions
- Must have excellent problem solving skills
- Must attain satisfactory completion of specialized training regarding transportation of hazardous materials
- Must meet and maintain the Novitex Motor Vehicle Requirements, to be audited annually
The job requires an individual to be able to do the following with or without accommodation:
- Lift up to 70 lbs throughout the day or the maximum required by state law
- Sit and/or stand for long periods of time in one place
- Ability to bend, reach, squat, push/pull a mail cart with up to 400 lbs capacity
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS