Director, Long-Term Financial Planning and Business Continuity Management
Bristol-Myers Squibb Princeton, NJ
About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is currently recruiting for a Director, Long-Term Financial Planning and Business Continuity Management located in Princeton, NJ.
POSITION DESCRIPTION\: The successful candidate will play a key role in the Long-Term Financial Plan (LTFP) process by providing Finance leadership, participating in strategy development and providing financial analysis related to the long-term financial planning activities for the company. As a member of the Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis (CFP&A) team, the individual will also provide support to the final planning processes including budget and projection. Additionally, the role serves as the PMO lead for the enterprise-wide Business Continuity Management (BCM) effort.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES\:
- Finance lead for the LTFP and a member of the Strategic Plan core team
- Lead the development of the total company long-term financial forecast in coordination with key stakeholders, e.g. WW Forecasting, WWBT, Strategy, R&D, Commercial Business Units, GMS, Tax, Treasury, IR, Controller’s
- Present LTFP outlook to head of CFP&A, Controller, head of Strategy, CEO, CFO and executive Leadership Team
- Prepare financial materials and messaging for presentations to the Leadership Team & Board of Directors
- Drive process improvements and work with stakeholders to simplify approach
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships and cross functional relationships to support LTFP activities and maintain a strong link between LTFP and budget, projections and risks and opportunities
- Monitor company’s performance, business trends and assess risks and opportunities to achieve short and long-term goals
- Provide insightful input on resource allocation and financial analysis with visibility on peer benchmarks to facilitate decision making
- Represent Finance in relevant meetings and activities related to Strategic Planning
- Provide oversight and guidance as needed to WW Brand Finance leads in alignment with WW Commercialization Finance
- Develop financial scenarios/models using key financial metrics to assess opportunities for improving the long-term outlook
- Help develop business unit budget targets
- Provide financial support for enterprise-wide initiatives, e.g. Specialty Transformation, Continuous Improvement & Innovation Team
- Business Continuity Management – PMO Lead
- Leads the program (including crisis management and business recovery efforts in the event of a business disruption), and the PMO of representatives across various business units and functions
- Coordinates with PMO members to monitor compliance with company-wide standards, share best practices, and further develop and mature the program
- Provide an update annual on the program to the CEO and the LT
- Manage special projects and ad-hoc analysis to ensure highly effective outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA preferred
- 12+ years of experience in Finance or Accounting positions with upward progression
- Strong analytical, quantitative and financial modeling skills with the ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to deal with complexity and uncertainty while driving teams towards actionable decisions; ability to remain flexible in light of changing market and company dynamics
- Strong business partnering skills. Ability to build relationships and work effectively in a matrix organization
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the proven ability to present to senior management
- Financial systems experience including MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Hyperion and/or TM1 experience a plus