Sr Infrastructure Engineer - Storage & Backup
About the Job
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
Join our highly motivated team and play an integral role in a global leader as Senior Infrastructure Engineer in Storage & Backup.
We are seeking a Senior Storage and Back-up Engineer to help our Global Infrastructure team to ensure solutions are expertly selected, designed, delivered, optimized and supported during the entire infrastructure life-cycle. In this role, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer works collaboratively with other architects, infrastructure engineers, applications teams and Technology Architecture & Business Development.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science and Math or related discipline with an IT emphasis is required. A graduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering is a preferred.
- 8+ years of storage and backup experience.
- 8+ years of experience in design, development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale systems, across multiple hardware and software platforms in a large, complex, and preferably global environment.
- Extensive experience in UNIX (AIX, Linux, Solaris, and HP-UX) and Windows based operating systems (Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows XP, Vista and Windows7).
- Extensive experience in designing Storage based solutions (preferred technology EMC but good understanding of other vendor solutions such as IBM, PURE, HP and Hitachi).
- Subject matter expert within focused areas, such as EMC VMAX, EMC VNX (Unified), EMC VPLEX, EMC Data Domain, EMC RecoverPoint, EMC XtremIO, EMC Centera, IBM v9000, Hitachi Unified Storage VM and PURE Flash array
- Extensive experience in designing backup based solutions with Data Domain, tape, and software (NetBackup and/or CommVault, and VEEAM ) backup and recovery solutions.
- Experience with key storage tools, methodologies and protocols including NFS, CIFS, SRDF, RecoverPoint, Flash, Time Finder (snapshot/clone/vp snap), Thin Provisioning, Virtual Provisioning, data migrations, Unisphere, Data Protection Advisor and Performance Manager.
- Experience designing and deploying tiered storage solutions (EMC Fast VP).
- Extensive experience in performance tuning and optimizing enterprise storage solutions
- Deep understanding of Storage Arrays technologies Fibre Channel, Fibre Channel switches (Cisco MDS and Brocade).
- Deep understanding of Network Attached Storage (NAS) technologies (Preferred VNX file)
- Broad knowledge of infrastructure technologies to include: Server technologies (blades and rack mounted, commodity/enterprise class - Cisco, IBM, HP, Dell).
- Virtualization technologies (VMware, Citrix, Windows).
- Network technologies (Cisco, Juniper, HP),
- Systems and Infrastructure Management technologies (tools from HP, BMC, CA).
- Familiarity with application software (SAP, IPlanet, WebSphere, Tibco, Apache, Veritas, MQSeries, JBoss) and databases (Oracle, DB2 and Microsoft SQL)
- Strong understanding of high availability concepts with practical experience and implementation of key components (databases, application servers, fault tolerant systems, cluster server/software, etc.)
- Understanding of Operational challenges and dependencies as they relate to infrastructure decisions.
- Working Knowledge of TCP/IP, FTP, SMTP, SendMail, NFS, DNS, BIND and other Network services.
- Experience with Enterprise applications and services
- Sensitivity to Security best practices as related to infrastructure and application architectures.
- Good communications skills including strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of IT Service Management framework and/or ITIL concepts and practices. ITIL certification a plus.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.