Senior Territory Business Manager -- Worcester, MA
About the Job
Senior Territory Business Manager for the Worcester, MA territory. Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
- Develops and implements territory plans that properly identify and prioritize activities to accomplish short and long term business plan goals.
- Demonstrates clear and thorough understanding of disease states, BMS products and relevant competitor products, including their mechanisms of action, indications, efficacy, safety, etc.
- Collaborates with territory matrix team on identifying opportunities and developing appropriate tactics and strategies.
- Builds and maintains strong professional relationships with physicians in private practice, medical group practices and or hospitals, office staffs and others in the patient care continuum.
- Fosters team effectiveness and accomplishment of shared goals by sharing knowledge, experience, and information.
- Drives market share growth and maximizes sales performance within the indicated use and for the approved patients.
Ability to drive a company-provided car is an essential qualification of this position. Candidates must be able to drive a BMS-provided vehicle between locations (often a great distances apart), and arrive at each location ready and able to enthusiastically and efficiently demonstrate an applied knowledge of pertinent health care industry trends. Candidates must possess a high level of ethics, integrity and responsible and safe driving history.
- The successful candidate must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum of 3 years of Pharmaceutical Sales Representative experience.
- Demonstrated strong sales performance track record.
- Demonstrated understanding of the business drivers, dynamics, regulations and managed health care within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated skills at building and maintaining professional relationships with key customers, office staff and others in the customer influence network.
- Effectively use active listening, probing and other selling skills to enhance communication, build and influence key customers.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, develop and execute business plans.
- Demonstrated ability to work in matrix teams.
- Demonstrated track record of developing self to drive and enhance performance.
- Infusions & injectable, the Buy and Bill office model and Medicare Part B Reimbursement is a significant plus.
As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of “Qualified Driver,” as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following\: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and, 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.
Management retains the right to change the job specifications (may include grade level and salary range) and provisions of this job as appropriate. In addition, we reserve the right to place candidates in positions at levels commensurate with their depth of knowledge around the following competencies\: Product and Disease State Knowledge, Market and Industry Knowledge, Sales Resource Utilization, Selling Skills, and Business Planning.