Associate Director, Global Planning Process Excellence
About the Job
As a member of the Process Excellence team, we are trusted champions to orchestrate supply chain process improvement across GPS, while holding functional areas accountable for process adherence and process performance. Serve as the point of contacts for the processes related to Global Supply Planning and Product Strategy in Global Supply Chain.
- Become core team member of the ISP (Integrated Supply Planning) work stream of the ESCT (Enterprise Supply Chain Transformation) initiative.
- Contribute as SME with knowledge of global product and capacity planning processes, and/or understanding of interdependencies between global and site planning processes.
- Contribute and own business process deliverables (e.g. end to end business process maps, playbooks for global planning roles that document day in the life, procedure documents and metrics definition, etc.)
- Provide lean practitioner support as needed (e.g. facilitation, OpEx tools and project management)
- Support the roll-out of ISP improvement (e.g. train the trainer, knowledge transfer planning, communication planning)
- Once new business process is implemented, monitor process adherence (e.g. Gemba walk, super user training)
- Define KPIs where necessary (ideally through internal or external benchmarking), analyze process performance and suggest process improvement or user training
- Govern the change control of the assigned processes by following the stage gate requirement of the relevant governance forum, helping BPO (Business Process Owners) develop business case, options, pros and cons and present recommendation
- Lead process improvement projects as lean practitioner
- Facilitate Planning Community of Practice, drive process standardization and collect feedback for improvement
- Develop strong E2E understanding and drive integration between Product Strategy, Global Supply Planning, Site Supply Chain, ExM Supply Chain, Market Supply Planning, Logistics, Data Excellence, BI&A (Demand Planning) processes
- Develop strong relationship with IT stakeholders to support technology enablement activities
- Demonstrate diversity and inclusion understanding of the global practices where business is conducted.
- B.S. or BA in supply chain, management and/or engineering (biotechnology, biology, chemistry, pharmacy, engineering or related disciplines). MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Advanced certification in Supply Chain Management preferred (e.g. APICS CSCP). Lean sigma certification preferred (e.g. Lean Practitioner, Green Belt)
- 12+ years with Bachelor degree or 8+ years with Master degree in supply chain management and planning experience for a reputed, global or multi-plant Biotech, Pharmaceutical or Consumer Product company utilizing world class supply chain planning and execution processes.
- Experience with global product supply planning and/or site capacity planning and knowledge of Biotech, Pharmaceutical Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) processes.
- Experience with SAP ECC (PP, MM) and Advanced Planning Systems (BW/BI, SNP APO, and Kinaxis RapidResponse).
- Good understanding and exposure to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other regulatory requirements.
- Experience in developing and implementing world class, global supply chain planning processes and managing them through deployment of global advanced planning and scheduling systems.
- Exposure and experience in Biotech / Pharmaceutical manufacturing process, principles and practices; preferably at production site and headquarters level.
- Experience in working internationally in a fast paced, reputable global Biotech / Pharmaceutical or Consumer company organized in a matrix structure
Additional professional and personal requirements include\:
- Business Acumen\: Has a strong understanding of the key business drivers of the industry/organization. Persuades others with fact-based judgments of the business situation.
- Setting Strategy\: Makes decisions that balance a variety of factors (e.g., safety, quality, cost, risk, short-term v. long-term impact, etc.). Sets a clear direction for others in times of uncertainty and change. Constructively challenges the conventional wisdom or accepted ways of doing things.
- Executing for Results\: Maintains high standards of performance for himself/herself and others, and follows through on commitments. Demonstrates integrity, and sticks to core values and principles. Takes the long view, and when faced with challenging obstacles, persists over a significant period of time to achieve his/her agenda. Conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure. Makes timely decisions when a quick response is required and a number of possible alternatives are available.
- Leading Teams\: Holds people accountable for agreed-to results. Identifies and keeps others focused on the most important metrics to drive the business. Forges strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives and talents. Includes direct reports and key stakeholders in setting goals, developing plans and making decisions to build commitment and create alignment. Is a strong mentor and builds organizations of effective leaders.
- Building Relationships and Using Influence\: Establishes credibility and earns respect with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders including senior executives, commercial, R&D, manufacturing and other functional leaders, finance professionals, contractors and other partners. Is highly articulate, and makes arguments in a clear and compelling manner. Is able to “get things done” without compromising principles. Has excellent negotiating skills, and achieves win-win outcomes in difficult situations.
- Enterprise Mindset Understands the big picture, beyond their own functional area. Leads within the broader internal and external network, and seeks to have impact on organization-wide performance. Embraces complexity, but strives for simplicity. Shares resources and makes difficult trade-offs to benefit the organization at large.
- Change Agility Creates a vision for the future by spotting strategic opportunities for breakthrough performance. Translates the case for change into actionable plans for the organization. Demonstrates smart risk-taking and personal resilience when implementing change. Enables others to navigate change with confidence and in sustainable ways.
- Authentic Leadership Demonstrates an honest and unbiased understanding of their own strengths, limitations, and values. Lives up to their principles and conviction without being rigid or dogmatic. Generates trust by maintaining the highest level of consistency between their words and their actions
- Talent Developer Maintains a current and strategic view of talent management, aligned with the organization’s priorities. Understands the needs and characteristics of the organization’s talent and the extent to which it supports the business agenda. Proactively develops talent for the long and short-term, both within and outside their team. Creates a learning environment that ensures people realize their highest potential.