Manager, Technology Enablement
About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical
company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines
that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers
Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives
of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and
ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference,
from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers
Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work
environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and
programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals,
both at work and in their personal lives.
Among our several NJ locations, our Hopewell and Bloomsbury
sites are key components of the Biologics Network Strategy, with available
Process Development and Analytical Development & Testing opportunities to
support the innovating biologics under development.
As a member of the Process Excellence team, we are trusted champions to orchestrate supply chain process improvement across GPS, while holding functional areas accountable for process adherence and process performance. The Technology Enablement manager will work closely with process stewards and take the accountability for technology enablement activities including business requirement gathering, UAT coordination and resource planning etc. to enable the running of the business. Project portfolio consists of SAP enablement projects to support divestitures & acquisitions, new plants & products & DCs, business model & financial flow changes; Kinaxis Rapid Response enablement projects to support supply network planning, etc. Out of scope are the technology enablement project portfolio to support the Enterprise Supply Chain Transformation.
- Act as Supply Chain business lead for system enablement project (e.g. Brazil DC)
- The primary objective is to help businesses implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly with process stewards, super users, other business stakeholders, project managers, consultants and IT partners.
- Define, analyze and document business requirements, as input to develop technical solutions of business problems. Use requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, collaborate with process stewards to identify process changes, and manage a project’s scope, acceptance, installation and deployment where necessary.
- Once technical solution is developed, coordinate with process stewards, super users, IT and consultants to ensure UAT scripts development, testing and training materials development is well planned and executed to deliver business value.
- Establish the process, roles and responsibilities (e.g. super users) and tools (e.g. template, checklist) for such project
- As the project and program manager of this portfolio, work closely with process stewards to ensure the relevant process and tools are well established and followed by stakeholders. E.g. SharePoint list for status update, templates for project plans and checklist for frequent use cases (e.g. inactivating a DC).
- Manage resource needed for the portfolio to ensure delivery through consultants (PM consultant, or SAP consultant for UAT scripts)
- Given the peaks and valleys of this project portfolio driven by business needs, resource model for delivery leverages significant consultant resources for project management or UAT script development. The Technology Enablement manager will track resource plan and actual utilization to ensure effective deployment of consultants who are familiar with BMS processes and systems.
- B.S. or BA in information management, supply chain and/or engineering (biotechnology, biology, chemistry, pharmacy, engineering or related disciplines). MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Business analyst, project management (e.g. PMP), or advanced certification in Supply Chain Management preferred (e.g. APICS CSCP).
Experience / Knowledge Desired\:
- 8+ years with Bachelor degree or 7+ years with Master degree in information management or supply chain management. Business analyst experience with a consulting firm or a reputed, global or multi-plant Biotech, Pharmaceutical or Consumer Product company.
- Experience in developing and implementing world class, global supply chain planning processes and managing them through deployment of global advanced planning and scheduling systems.
- Experience with project management, business requirement gathering, UAT coordination, resource planning for a portfolio of system projects.
- Experience with SAP ECC and Advanced Planning Systems such as SAP APO and Kinaxis Rapid Response. SAP supply chain configuration experience preferred.
- Good understanding and exposure to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other regulatory requirements.
- Exposure and experience in Biotech / Pharmaceutical manufacturing process, principles and practices; preferably at production site and headquarters level.
- Experience in working internationally in a fast paced, reputable global Biotech / Pharmaceutical or Consumer company organized in a matrix structure.
- Experience in effective relationship development and management in a matrixed environment to drive creation and implementation of technology solutions.