Switchboard Operator - Part Time
About the Job
Position Exempt StatusNon-Exempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours20
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Part Time - Switchboard Operators position in Irving, TX. The shift is working Monday -Friday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive work ethic who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 20 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Exclusive discounts on entertainment, health & wellness, travel and MUCH MORE!
A Switchboard Operator’s daily tasks will involve:
- Answering calls and directing or transferring call to appropriate parties using computer transferring software
- Maintain professional and positive attitude when working with irate callers
- Help maintain Service Levels by decreasing dropped calls and staying within the approved talk time
- Answering between 150-250 calls per day
- Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintaining highest levels of customer care while demonstrating a friendly and cooperative attitude
- Demonstrating flexibility in satisfying customer demands in a high volume, production environment
- Consistently adhering to business practice guidelines
- Taking direction from lead or manager
- Participating in cross-training; which includes Mailing Services customer support via email
- Maintaining all logs and reporting documentation with attention to detail
- Flexibility with accommodations during inclement weather
- Adhering to all safety procedures
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job.
- Minimum of 6 months customer service or office experience in a fast paced environment required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of using Microsoft Outlook required
- Working knowledge using Microsoft Windows required
- Keyboarding and windows environment PC skills
- Ability to effectively work individually or within a team in a fast paced environment
- Competency in performing multiple functional tasks
- Ability to meet employer's attendance policy
- Willingness to cross-train for other job functions
- Ability to perform the following duties with or without an accommodation:
- Lift up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- Sit, stand, and/or walk for long periods of time
- Bend, reach, squat, and perform the necessary job functions
- Must have the availability to work any shift between 7:00am-5:30pm, Monday-Friday
- Must have the availability to attend two to three employee meetings per year from 5:30pm to 7:00pm
- Must have the availability to attend 2 weeks of full time training Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- Switchboard or Call Center experience preferred
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS