Inventory and Logistics Capture Representative
About the Job
Position Exempt StatusNon-Exempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours40
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill an Inventory and Logistics Capture Representative in Quincy, MA! The hours for this position are 8:00am to 5:00pm. The starting pay for this position is around $15/hour and will vary depending on experience.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 30 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Benefits Health & Welfare Package including –Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer Matching Health Savings Account
- Exclusive discounts on entertainment, health & wellness, travel and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
An Inventory and Logistics Capture Representative’s daily tasks will involve:
Receive assets, including:
- Handling order delivery and acceptance, including visually inspecting carton for damage and reconciliation of shipment with shipment documentation (bill of lading)
- Validating contents against packing slip and order completion
- Notification of receipt and corresponding updates
- Notification of discrepancies, if any
- Asset tag and complete updates to asset data repository
- Provide warehousing, including: Site preparation and access control, Warehouse inventory and tracking, Coordinate Site transportation
- Ship assets, including: Handling of the shipping request, Preparation, coordination and tracking of shipment
- Disposal of assets
- Update asset data repository
- Conduct regularly scheduled storage/cage inventory and assist with reconciliation of data in asset repository
- Assist/perform annual and periodic inventory and assist with reconciliation of data
- Assist with asset inquiries
- Assist with asset retirements
- Accurate maintenance of all required logs
- Verify Rack locations in the data center(s) for potential server deployment rebooting of equipment and/or power cycling under direction.
- Restarting the hardware after failure under direction
- Performing scheduled startup and shutdown of hardware, by using power button of the server, under direction
- Connect servers to rack power under direction
- Connect cables from rack to server under direction
- Swapping broken CRU (Customer Replaceable Unit) hardware components with hot spares or loaners, if applicable and available, under direction
- Network Troubleshooting -- under direction.
- Escorting of CEs and other visitors
- RFID tagging and rack harness installation
- Functions expected include: walking or standing for extended periods of time (possibly entire shift) and lifting up to 75 pounds
- Maintain physical appearance of site.
- Knowledge, understanding and adherence to Novitex policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate flexibility in satisfying customer demands in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Take direction from Service Delivery Manager as required.
- Participate in company training and site cross-training as appropriate.
- Maintain workspace and related equipment to provide visitors with a business environment, which is efficient, organized and safe.
- Produce Inventory and Measurements Reporting
- Essential functions of position require: Lifting up to 75 pounds, Standing for long periods of time (possibly entire shift), Significant walking
- Assist in other site duties when needed
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
- Computer skills a must – email, Microsoft Office, instant messaging and multiple inventory software programs and databases will be used on a daily basis.
- Able to effectively communicate in writing and verbally with clients and company personnel.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Excellent attendance.
- Customer service, people oriented.
- Able to effectively work independently or in a team environment.
- Basic mathematical knowledge.
- Demonstrate competency in performing required tasks.
- Demonstrate proficiency in operation of related equipment.
- High level of accuracy is critical, attention to detail.
- May be required to work flexible hours.
- Minimum of 12 months customer service related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in a related functional area preferred.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS