Database Associate - 1st Shift
About the Job
Position Exempt StatusNon-Exempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours37.5
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Database Associate position in Windsor, CT. The scheduled will be Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive work ethic who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 30 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Benefits Health & Welfare Package including –Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer Matching Health Savings Account
- Exclusive discounts on entertainment, health & wellness, travel and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
In this position, you will be processing electronic files through a combination of processing tools. This requires a strong knowledge of all standard electronic file types and requires a high level of proficiency and attention to detail in processing. The ideal candidate needs to have an IT or computer science background and the ability to continually learn. The job is fast paced, requiring IT troubleshooting abilities as well.
A Database Associate’s daily tasks will involve:
- Processing electronic files through a combination of processing tools
- Experience with SQL
- Perform IT troubleshooting
- Remain informed and adhere to all established safety and security procedure
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job.
The following is required:
- Keyboarding and windows environment PC skills required (Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Minimum of 6 months customer service related experience
- You will be required to submit to pre-employment checks as a condition of employment, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. You will have to sign necessary consents to submit to the pre-employment checks.
- Solid understanding of SQL databases
- Experience with all supported Microsoft and MAC software products
- Strong knowledge of all standard electronic file types and requires a high level of proficiency and attention to detail in processing (Ipro eCapture or similar technologies, as well as Proprietary Applications)
- Experience with pulling metadata from various file types, for example utilizing Outlook Emails, Lotus Notes, as well as a variety of other sources depending on the client.
- Ability to process from various files types to include text file, CAD, PDF files, etc., also understanding the differences between different versions of software. Also there will be the occasional processing microfilm and/or antiquated technology.
- Background in Computer Science, IT or a Science background.
- Requires logic and problem solving abilities
- Experience as a Site Representative and/or a minimum of 6 months demonstrated knowledge and experience in a related functional area
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with clients and company personnel.
- Customer service oriented.
- Able to effectively work individually or in a team environment
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS