About the Job
Provides direct leadership, including training, of Quality Control Inspectors. Accountable for daily random sampling inspections in Receiving, Production, Programming, Picking, and Shipping, as well as accurately documenting all inspection results, non-conformities and re-work.
Major Essential Functions:
- Trains new Quality Control Inspectors on processes and procedures.
- Trains existing Quality Control Inspectors on processes and procedures when additions or revisions occur.
- Reallocates labor from one department to another as required to meet each day’s business needs. Communicates with Quality Control management to define daily work schedules that minimize overtime and reduce labor costs.
- Accountable for daily random inspections in all areas of the distribution center to ensure compliance to customer requirements and specifications. Inspection samples are determined based on the ANSI/ ASQC Z1.4 – 1993 standard.
- Identifies and accurately documents all inspection, non-conformance and re-work results. Provides accurate, legible and complete documentation.
- Immediately communicates all inspection sample non-conformities to department management for prompt corrective action and re-work.
- Performs ad hoc customer inspections as directed by Quality Control management.
- Ensures compliance with all Inspection procedures.
- Maintains a professional, helpful attitude in dealings with co-workers, supervisors and their departmental personnel at all times.
- Provides leadership and guidance to all staff for continual improvement of key functions and activities to improve efficiency and meet increasing customer and business demands
- Ensures labor is reallocated from one department to another as required to meet each day’s business needs, minimize overtime and reduce labor costs
- Maintains a strong commitment to quality at all times.
- Maintains respect for all equipment used in the performance of your job.
- Demonstrates Brightpoint’s values: Accomplishment, Integrity, Quality, Learning, Respect, and Community involvement
Minor Essential Function:
- Complies with all safety regulations and requirements, as set forth within the established procedures and standards.
- Assists Quality Control management in the enforcement of all safety regulations, as set forth within the established procedures and standards.
- Ownership of housekeeping in assigned areas; ensures work areas are clean and organized prior to leaving each day.
- Remains flexible with regard to job assignments at all times.
- Provides equal contribution to the team.
- Responsible for additional tasks as assigned to meet or exceed the expectations of customers and/ or business management based on our fluid business needs.
High school graduate or GED required.
Minimum 2 – 5 years experience in a fast paced, high volume distribution or manufacturing environment preferred.
Forklift certification to allow for operation of all material handling equipment in the distribution center preferred.
A general knowledge of Quality Control functions; MS Office Suite (Word, Excel); must have good basic math skills, high attention to detail, and good communication skills preferred.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
PC, RF guns preferred.
Uses intuition and experience to improve business systems and processes. Must identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations. Manages conflict. Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments. Gives and welcomes balanced feedback. Contributes to building a positive team and puts success of team above own interests. Understands business implications of decisions. Capacity to build internal and external relationships. Ability to establish credibility across the organization and engage others to ensure the most effective supply chain solutions preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand and bend.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a noisy environment with seasonal extremes of temperatures.