Mail Clerk - Part Time
About the Job
Position Exempt StatusNon-Exempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours20
Scheduled Shift1st Shift
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Mail Clerk position in Plano, TX. The shift for this position will be 11 AM - 2 PM, working Monday – Friday. The starting pay for this position will be around $10.00 per hour and will vary based on experience. Candidates who successfully complete their first 90 days of employment will also be given an additional $1.00 increase to their hourly rate.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive attitude who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 20 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Exclusive discounts entertainment, health & wellness, travel, and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
Customer Service Technical Specialist’s role are vital to the organization of a company’s communication. With a strong attention to detail, they will facilitate a variety of tasks to ensure high levels of customer service in a fast paced environment.
A Mail Services daily tasks will involve:
- Responsible for receiving and sorting incoming mail to distribute to other departments or individuals.
- Perform any and all duties as assigned by management to include the following but not limited to:
- Sort and collate mail.
- Enter package information into PacTrak for tracking and manifests.
- Place mail in their proper areas for distribution.
- Dispose of junk mail.
- Stock copy machine cabinets with printer paper.
- Utilize a pallet jack and pallet wrap machine for incoming/outgoing freight.
- Deliver mail and packages to the various Dell buildings at both the Round Rock and Austin campus.
- Maintain highest levels of customer care while demonstrating a friendly and cooperative attitude at all times.
- Demonstrate flexibility in satisfying customer demands in a high volume, production environment.
- The CSTS position may provide Team Lead back-up support in his/her absence. This may involve creation, maintenance, and facilitating all processes.
- Providing back-up coverage and/or support to any contracted site service or project as assigned (ex. Excess, shipment processing, etc.)
- Back-up to supervise day-to-day mail room operations, as necessary.
- Back-up to work order coordinator, as necessary.
- Provides support to management team in the absence of Team Lead.
- Plans, organizes and directs the activities of assigned team members.
- Provides coaching and training to team members on assigned shifts.
- Provides operational support through varied informational processing activities that supports a specific business need.
- May work with both internal and external contacts
- Basic financial reporting administration support
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs with or without accommodations or the maximum allowed by current state
- Self-starter and action oriented
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in person or over the telephone
- Excellent clerical skills required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,and Outlook. Microsoft Project a plus)
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate structure
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude in difficult situations
- Familiarity with Security and confidential information practice
- Basic ability to operate a switchboard
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in a similar role or related field preferred
- Team player
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Typing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to deal effectively with cross functional departments
- Flexible and open to change in rapid office environment
- Ability to travel between buildings and campuses
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
Novitex provides on-the-job training and structured training classes. New employees learn excellent customer service practices and study how to run mail, copy or fax equipment.
With the right attitude and the will to perform job functions accurately and effectively, Novitex offers a tremendous opportunity for you -- the chance to succeed with a solid, stable company that provides world-class services to the top companies in the U.S. and abroad.
This is a short-term position with Novitex, for a maximum of two years. Novitex is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity in the workplace. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- A high school diploma or equivalent GED preferred, but not required.
Some college preferred.
- Minimum of 2 year customer service related experience preferred.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications.
- Minimum of 1 year experience using FedEx, DHL, UPS or Other shipping software.
- Minimum of 1 year experience using a package tracking software application.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in mailroom operations and shipping/receiving.
- Valid driver's license and clean Motor Vehicle Report
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION REQUIRE:
- Ability to handle up to a maximum of 40 lbs. or the maximum allowed by current state law with or without accommodations.
- Ability to walk, sits, stand or sit for long periods (possibly entire shift) with or without accommodations.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS